shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needing advice pls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dana2008

Rough_Rock
I have discovered this site when I have been trying to gain some information about diamonds and found there to be some very usefull information.

I am in the process of buying a round diamond and I just wondered if anyone would be able to advise me on what they think of the proportions of this diamond as my knowledge is no where near good enough to jusdge the proportions.

As I am buying this on the internet I am a little worried that even though it is a good colour that the proportions will not reflect the light well to give it that sparkle everygirl wants!

Not sure if this is a bit of a shot in the dark with only providing this information though......

.............................................................................................................................................................................

WEIGHT 0.83 Cts. COLOR GRADE D
Shape and Cut Round
Measurements 5.92-5.93*3.82 mm.

PROPORTIONS
Total Depth 64.5 %
Table Width 54 %
Crown Height 16 %
Pavilion Depth 44 %
Girdle Thickness Medium

FINISH
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Culet None

CLARITY GRADE SI1

Graining Nil Flouresence None
............................................................................................................................................................................

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hi, and welcome to PS!
1.gif

First of all, you'd get a lot more responses if you posted questions about finding a stone in RockyTalky, so you might want to repost there.

Second of all, the stone you have here doesn't look like a keeper--scored a 4.7 on the HCA (very good/fair/fair/good). If you want sparkle, I know we can find better than that for you!

If you share your budget with us and what's most important to you in regards to colour (I see you have a D--are you decided on a D or are you open to looking at any stone in the colourless range, or even near-colourless?), clarity, size, etc., we'll be happy to help you out.
1.gif

dana2008

Rough_Rock
Hi Thanks for the advice, I will repost it in that section!

Would you mind if I asked how you worked it out to be a 4.7 on HCA and what that stands for? What type of diamond would you say this would be....would it have a good sparkle?

I would be quite flexible on the color as long as it was from D-F really. Due to the budget I would say that I would fall to an SI1 and the size that I am looking for would be 0.80 but am working to a tight budget.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is really deep, and stones that are too deep often face up smaller than they should.

Just to give you some parameters, you might want to look for stones with:

table 54-57

depth 60-62

crown angle 34-35

pavilion angle 40.6-41

Also, stick to stones rated GIA Excellent or AGS0 (Ideal)

The cut advisor tool that Gwendolyn used is here:

https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

You want the score to be 2 or under, with most people preferring any score between 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results