shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie needing advice photo of ering posted...

DIA_ANN

Rough_Rock
I am undecided between an emerald cut or rb eternity ring. Please help me decide and photos of your eternity rings if possible. Thank you :wavey: here is a pic of my ering. Shopping for a band to go with it now.

_914.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!! Please give us more details.

I for sure would go with round. For a smaller stones in an eternity band, I would want maximum sparkle.

DIA_ANN

Rough_Rock
Thank you lljsmom. I loooove your ring in avi pic as well, it's beautiful! I am thinking around 5ctw eternity ring. My ering stone is g color so I wanted the stones in that color and eye clean.

solgen

Brilliant_Rock
How wide would a 5ct eternity band be? I think it might be a little too thick and possibly detract from the solitaire. If going for a 5ctw band I'd probably go french cut.

DIA_ANN

Rough_Rock
What size would u recommend to have balance with my ering? My stone is 4.28 I believe

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What look do you want? A blingy eternity band, or one that is meant to emphasize your gorgeous ering?

1. No matter what eternity band you get, I recommend NOT getting one that is so big that the outer edge of the band extends beyond the outline of the stone.

2. If you want one that emphasizes your gorgeous ering, I would choose one with a width that is the same width as the shank of your ering. Your ering shank looks to be about 2-2.5mm. I would find out the exact width of the ering shank and get a band that is the exact same width. AND I would choose one with the same height as the height of the shank of the e-ring. These are my preferences, because I have discovered that these dimensions and proportions are the most pleasing to the eye. For example, I bought a 2mm band that is almost exactly the same width and height as the shank of my ering.

Solgen has a great idea. French cuts don't need to be big to really, really sparkle. The cut is such that it reflects broad flashes of light, even the really small ones. Single cut rounds do the same thing.

I kid you not. This eternity band by singlestone is one of the most beautiful, sparkly, REFLECTIVE (I know this is a lousy word. I can't think of another word that shows how unbelievably sparkly this band is.) It's not a wide band at all. It's quite small. But man the stones PACK A PUNCH. I have some hand shots. I tried this on at their LA store. I will never stop coveting this band. It's custom, so they can make it probably as wide as you want it. It's french cuts and single cut rounds.
https://www.singlestone.com/bands_c24/page9/michelle_p295/

3. If you want a majorly blingy look, that I would go with rounds, maybe 15 pointers, but you would have to try these on to see if it extends beyond the edge of the ering.

singlestone_band.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are pics of it with a 3.6 carat OEC. This is the french cut and OEC eternity band that I linked to above. I loved it because even though it was so small, it really popped. The sparkles coming from this band were crazy. The width and height exactly matched the ering shank. It looks so proportional and lovely.

_1664.jpeg

_1665.jpeg

_1666.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a pic of a band that had only rectangular french cuts. I did not like it as much because it does not have OECs and the OECs on the other band gave it a different kind of sparkle.

Looking at these makes me really want one...

_1667.jpeg

_1668.jpeg

DIA_ANN

Rough_Rock
I really like the look of the french cut! I am going to try to google diff ring styles they have in it. Thank you Solgen.

DIA_ANN

Rough_Rock
Wow! That size really complements your solitaire! Beautiful. Very clean and elegant!! I think my ring was made 2.5 mm in width. I have never seen french cut before. I really like it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dia, this is not my OEC. I wish. Cities/Jewelers where I have seen French cuts:

California:
Lang Antiques
Eric Trabert
Singlestone
Victor Canera
Caysie Van Beber

Maybe other PSers can post where they have seen French cuts IRL.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I love LLJsmom's suggestions of the first band at Single Stone. Really pretty! And your e-ring stone, Dia ann, is gorgeous! :love:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is lovely and so timeless that any band could go with it. I like large scale pieces so a 5tcw eternity bands seems just right to me of either MRB to match your stone of e/w emerald cuts to look super sleek.
That said you should go try things on in person and pay more attention to the mm width of each stone vs tcw. Make sure that whatever band size you choose will be comfortable on your hand when you are driving, wear gloves (if you ever do), cooking etc. Comfort is key and even the setting can weigh heavily on this decision. You should try to shop around some to see what you like best with your engagement ring and as a stand alone.

Good Luck and congratulations on your engagement!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results