shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie! needing advice on custom setting my omc diamonds!

jschwick1

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm new to this site and it is my first time posting! I need some help/advice on getting my old mine cute diamonds set! I'm wanting a bezel set three stone design, I love the James Meyer style and other antique style bezels. I've received a couple CAD quotes and one hand forged quote by Heart of Water Jewels on etsy. I saw freely had a oec diamond set in Heart of Waters design and I'm wondering how her experience was, if she sees this post. They seem to be very nice and do beautiful work with custom settings but my main concern is how to get the stones set. Should I have them do an open setting with measurments I provide of my stones, or should I send them my stones so the bezels are made perfectly to fit my stones?? I'm just a little leary about sending my beautiful diamonds out to a jeweler I've never met, even though they have wonderful reviews. This is my first custom design and I'm hoping someone might have had a similar experience, advice, of even have worked with Heart of Waters on etsy! Please help, if anyone can!! Thank you!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: newbie! needing advice on custom setting my omc diamonds

You'll get more responses if you report this post and have it moved to RockyTalky.

I know it's nerve racking to send stones to a vendor, but I think that's the only way to get perfect bezels here. Since your stones are old and likely wonky, it would be very difficult to create perfect bezels without the stones. And then you'd have to find a local jeweler who would set them... a nightmare.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I can't comment on that vendor as I have never worked with them, but their works looks beautiful! But as for setting stones, I think you are best to send them to the vendor making the ring. They need the stones to get the best fit, and I would be very leary about having a stone set elsewhere, in a hand forged, custom made setting, by someone that did not make the setting. I would just make sure that my diamonds were insured if the vendor does not assume liabilty for the stones during setting. Some do, some don't. And of course insure for shipping.

jschwick1

Rough_Rock

Thank you for the advice! My baby has been sick and it has taken me forever to check back on my post Lol! I did decide to work with Heart of Waters and send them my stones! They have been wonderful to work with so far and I have complete trust in them with my setting and stones! I can't wait to see how everything turns out! Thanks again for posting on my topic and giving me some help!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

I would highly recommend talking to Erica from Love Affair Diamonds - her bezels are beautiful. I have a pair of 6+mm OEC studs set in platinum milgrained bezels from her and they are beautiful. So delicate.

She has a gorgeous three stone setting in her portfolio - the Astin. Gorgeous,

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-astin-3-stone-setting/

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

And yes, for a bezel, you will need to send them the stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results