shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie....need your opinion about 1.30ct OEC antique ring

kds78

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for literally years and finally decided to sign up! Just a brief introduction...I love antique jewelry and enjoy collecting antique diamond rings and watches. :love:

I saw this ring on the Jewels by Erica Grace website and thought to get everyone's opinion. I love the setting it's in, especially the filigree floral motif, but am concerned about the color of the stone (M/N) though the description says it faces up much whiter. Here's the link (you may need to cut and paste it into the browser)...

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-diamonds/130ct-Antique-Old-European-Cut/17514666_VCxHK3#1335616336_HNDbHF4

Thoughts about the stone's color and setting? How about the price given the color? Thank you! I really value everyone's wisdom! :appl:

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Re: newbie....need your opinion about 1.30ct OEC antique rin

I love that ring as well! All I can tell you (as I am a complete novice) is the price seems good to me. My e-ring is from JbEG and my suggestion is to contact the ladies and ask them for additional videos or better still, see if you can have it sent to an appraiser to view the color yourself. JbEG is a tremendous dealer and they will provide you as much detail and/or info you need to be informed about your purchase.

Best of luck to you!

kds78

Rough_Rock

Thanks RubyPrincess! Good to hear that the price seems fair. So you've had a good experience with JbEG? I have not contacted them yet regarding the ring....want to be more sure before I do it. =)

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock

We had a wonderful experience with them. They are friendly, fair and very understanding about all aspects of jewelry purchase. My stone, setting and band are all from JbEG.

Just a word of caution: it's sorta dog eat dog here on PS--if you post a link to beautiful and reasonably priced stone it can be snatched out from under you. If you are even remotely serious drop an email of interest to JbEG - puts you under no obligation and gets you on the list of interested parties.

PS : the stone in my avatar is my JbEG stone.

kds78

Rough_Rock

Yicks! Thanks for your word of caution. Need to talk to my hubby ASAP then! :D I'm glad to hear you had a great experience with JbEG. I took a look at your engagement ring posting, and have to say your ring is BEAUTIFUL and the setting is so unique!

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock

I love it, and op is correct! Someone is gonna snatch that thing up!!! It's stunning.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock

I love that ring. I also have made a couple of purchases from JbEG and have been really pleased, I have been working with Grace and it's been so positive, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
As for the setting, because it covers most of the side view of the diamond, I think that makes a big difference to making the stone look whiter than an m/n color.

kds78

Rough_Rock

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Unfortunately, I'll be passing on this ring...hubby doesn't think it's a good time to spend money right now. :| I only hope it goes to a loving home, maybe to someone here on PS. Nice chatting with you all.

stci

Ideal_Rock

It's a real beauty! Go for it without hesitation! :appl: :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

That's a beautiful and unique ring, and JbEG has a good reputation here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results