shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie! - need advice on these lab emerald diamonds

Pollyanna85

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone - I've been lurking for months and would love the help and support of this community to pick the perfect stone.
Bit of info....I'm in Sydney, Australia and looking to replace/upgrade my engagement and wedding ring for our 10 year anniversary in a few months.
I have found Frank Darling through this forum and love the look of their low profile modern rings.
I have pretty much decided on the Plunge with emerald diamond set east/west from Frank Darling.
But then comes the problem of choosing a diamond.... would really appreciate it if anyone would be happy to comment on these two I have narrowed it down to:

Screenshot_20220913-084438_Chrome.jpg

Looking for advice and opinions on what to pick. Please and thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220913-084507_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220913-084507_Chrome.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20220913-084535_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220913-084535_Chrome.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 19

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smaller one looks better in these photos. The bigger one has too many facets off at once.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Smaller diamond looks like it will have significantly more "life" to it, so that's the one I'd pick. =)

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone - I've been lurking for months and would love the help and support of this community to pick the perfect stone.
Bit of info....I'm in Sydney, Australia and looking to replace/upgrade my engagement and wedding ring for our 10 year anniversary in a few months.
I have found Frank Darling through this forum and love the look of their low profile modern rings.
I have pretty much decided on the Plunge with emerald diamond set east/west from Frank Darling.
But then comes the problem of choosing a diamond.... would really appreciate it if anyone would be happy to comment on these two I have narrowed it down to:

Screenshot_20220913-084438_Chrome.jpg

Looking for advice and opinions on what to pick. Please and thank you!

Smaller diamond looks like it will have significantly more "life" to it, so that's the one I'd pick. =)

That's the one that caught my eye too!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with the other posters that the top one is better. Too many dark facets in the middle of the bottom one :(
Is there a term for this in emeralds? Is this like the bow-tie equivalent in ovals and pears?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Can you get these stones from FD? It’s my understanding they won’t set a diamond in their settings if you didn’t buy it from them.

Pollyanna85

Rough_Rock
Yes....they were able to source them for me.
We are going to go ahead with the 2.01 ....thanks everyone for your opinions

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results