shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie looking for opinions on new project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:53:07 PM
Author: Chrono
Knitwit and BEG,

Thanks for the compliments on my pink asscher spinel. It''s being set as we speak. It''ll be in white gold with the Taffin design as inspiration. The only difference is that there''s no diamonds down the shank. There are only two large prongs holding the sides, with a very thin basket on the underside to hold the two sides of the ring together.

That is going to be one gorgeous ring. I love that setting! When will it be done?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 9:13:22 AM
Author: knitwit
Yep I did... I pulled the trigger on the Amethyst Asscher. I am so excited to finally have an Asscher cut stone. Peter is shipping it out on Monday. Can''t wait to see it IRL.

Now for the setting....there is a gem show not far from our house today so hubby and I thought we''d scout it out to see if anything might catch my eye. Otherwise I am going to be searching for a setting for my new baby.
9.gif

Oh yay! I''m so glad you went for that. It looks like a beautiful stone - I was looking at it not long ago and only didn''t get it because I was looking for a different color at the time. I can''t wait to see more pics when you get it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
pretty, pretty stone! Congrats knitwit. Can''t wait to see more photos
36.gif

knitwit

Rough_Rock
I''m glad you passed on it BEG, lol. Any opinions on a setting?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 9:22:43 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 3/7/2009 2:53:07 PM
Author: Chrono
Knitwit and BEG,

Thanks for the compliments on my pink asscher spinel. It''s being set as we speak. It''ll be in white gold with the Taffin design as inspiration. The only difference is that there''s no diamonds down the shank. There are only two large prongs holding the sides, with a very thin basket on the underside to hold the two sides of the ring together.

That is going to be one gorgeous ring. I love that setting! When will it be done?
My jeweller said sometime late this week or early next week. I really wanted rose gold but none was available unless I want to go fully custom and almost double the price which I felt wasn''t worth it. So white gold it is.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that amethyst the best too, not just for the cut but I like the light lavender shade. Have fun at the gem show shopping for a setting (and a good excuse to ogle other gemstones).

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono - is that setting from your jeweler? If not where did you get it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 10:33:45 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
Chrono - is that setting from your jeweler? If not where did you get it?
Yes, it''s a setting from my local jeweller. I couldn''t believe my eyes when I saw it set with a princess cut peridot right in his showcase. He said he could modify it to fit an asscher stone and I was sold!

knitwit

Rough_Rock
Tried on several different settings but couldn''t find anything in the price range of LOGR so I most likely will get something from them. I think I''m leaning toward a split shank with halo but I am waiting until the stone arrives before I decide. I''ll start a new post with pics when the stone shows up which should be Thursday I am thinking.

Can''t wait!

9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results