shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie looking at this stone for engagement. Is that a good deal?

watchguy2481

Rough_Rock
$2,900 for this. Seems like a great price and right within my specifications, but I want to better understand if this is fair pricing.

Also, should I be worried about what it says on the report: “
Additional growth remnants are not shown.

This is a man-made diamond produced by CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition) growth process and has evidence of post-growth treatments to change the color.”

Thanks everyone I am new this and would appreciate all the help and insight.
F173442C-6F51-4104-A000-7AEE90AFBCB1.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy cuts can't be chosen by numbers alone. Can y9u post the video?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

watchguy2481

Rough_Rock
Another video of the stone

watchguy2481

Rough_Rock
Also, the price here seems not way cheaper than what I am finding on the Price Scope database. Just want to make sure everything checks out and that this is in fact a fair price

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$2900 seems like a great deal to me.

watchguy2481

Rough_Rock
Bump. Please let me know what you think. Gonna pull the trigger tomorrow!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry that we haven’t been choking in much. Fancy cuts are tough to evaluate without ASET images. Will the vendor be able to supply you with an ASET images? Or will you buy an ASET scope yourself and check out the light return at home?

I’m not an expert but here’s what I understand about radiants. They often have a “ground glass” appearance to their light return. This can be bright, but in some cases it can be disorganized and mushy. In those cases, the diamond isn’t that bright and when the stone gets dirty (which is often given diamonds’ propensity to attract grease/oils), it will simply look like dirty glass.

This is all to say that I recommend ASET images. I’m not able to confidently look at these spinning videos and evaluate light return.

If you want to confidently buy a radiant, @Rockdiamond with Diamonds By Lauren or Jonatham @Rhino with Distinctive Gem will be able to help you.

If you have time and money, JannPaul has amazing radiants. Their YouTube videos will show you great and subpar radiant ASET images.

Although $2900 is a decent price on a4ctv stone, if it’s a subpar performer, then it isn’t worth it. Hope some of that helps.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I was swiping words while still waking up ... and all the misspells and punctuation mistakes to which I subjected innocent PSers are giving me heartburn. :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results