shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Here :-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcboeckl

Rough_Rock
Hello!

Just wanted to say thanks for creating such an informative site!

I have read the tutorial several times and theres just a whole lot of information to take in and I'm finding it hard to come to a cut guideline to follow.

I went out today to a local store (recommended by a friend) and I was a bit disturbed by the price I was given...at least after looking it up on the website.

.713ct
Round Cut
AGS Ideal Cut
Laser Inscribed
VS1
G
~$5000

After looking at the pricescope I saw that some online retailers were offering pretty much the same stone for nearly half the price. Needless to say I'm not buying from this place.

1) Anyone have any experience with dirtcheapdiamonds.com?
2) do you think its a good idea to purchase the stone online and purchase the setting locally. Do jewlery stores see this as unreasonable?
3) If I look for a H&A cut diamond do I get an Ideal cut? Is this the best cut if I'm looking for a quality brilliant diamond?
4) Is it ok to bargain with local jewlery stores if their prices are inflated?

Thanks in advance!

GiGi

Rough_Rock
If everything gose well, I plan on purchasing my stone from dirtcheapdiamond.com. I have been really happy with their customer service so far. I also will have the stone set locally because I prefer to design the mounting myself, even if it is a very simple setting. I beleive it is also less expensive if you find an honest and good goldsmith.

GiGi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results