shape
carat
color
clarity

**Newbie Here**

Rrcanham

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I recently stumbled across this forum trying to do some research. Looks like I found myself in the right place. Here's a little bit of the back story. My boyfriend and I had done a tad bit of ring shopping (looking for a unique vintage ring) and I had seen one I was pretty sure I was in love with. I had been all over the internet trying to find anything else that could top it that wasn't crazy over budget. I had essentially exhausted all of my efforts and was going to go look at one store before I was done looking at rings. This store was well known for having vintage and estate rings and since it was so nice I figured that it was out of budget. Well I see their vintage selection of engagement rings and I'm not impressed at all. Mostly solitare style and over priced (vs what I had seen on the internet). Right before I'm ready to leave I ask if there's anything else they might. The lady replies actually I've got something in our estate section - and low and behold there it was (see pictures below). Vintage 1950's ring with tons of sparkle and because the appraiser had graded it rather harshly it was a steal! I didn't necessarily mean to pick it out without just kind of happened. Is it common to be pretty involved in the process with your boyfriend?

Stats:
Frederick Goldman Ring
1.14 Ct - I1 clarity (looks like SI2 or better), I color
.69 CT side stones, VS2 Clarity, I color
Total - 1.83 CT

ring_3_9.jpg

ring_5_0.jpg

ring_2_6.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS, Rrcanham! That's a beautiful ring! Where is it now and when do you think your boyfriend will propose?

Not sure how common it is, but I was very involved in selecting my engagement ring. DH and I agreed on the shape of the center stone, I chose the setting style, and he chose the center stone and setting source with help from PSers. I have a feeling PSers are more involved with ring selection than usual.

I hope your stay in LIW is short and sweet.

RingGirl

Rough_Rock
What a unique ring! It’s gorgeous!
I fell in love more than once looking for a ring and I know there is nothing like finding ‘the one’ is not easy.

I don’t know what is common, most of my friends had no idea what would it look like, but when my BF asked me if he should make the choice himself or do I want to help I’m happy I picked the second option. Since we knew we want something special and that I will be wearing everyday (once I get it…) it was important for me that it would be something I like. Also, during the process I learned that choosing a ring is not easy from the quality to the design there are many choices to make and like many choices in life it is easier to make them together :love:

Rrcanham

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!!! the ring is currently beyond bars (in the safe) at the jewelry store :). He told me that he had put a deposit on it and would be paying it off the next 4 or 5 months. However... I could see him paying it off sooner to try and surprise me. But he could end up waiting longer than 4 or 5 months, he likes to keep me on my toes. Either way I think by the end of the year... **Fingers crossed**. Hind sight is 20/20 and I'm really glad that it was something we did together. He didn't even really know that you could get antique or vintage rings. I really wanted to find something that was unique and didn't need a wedding ring since i didn't want two rings. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find the perfect ring, I definitely found a couple of rings I liked but I kept on looking (which should of been an indicator). Now I just like to look to see what a great deal he got :). Even though I wont have a "wedding band" I think I'll get a band when I don't want to wear the ring at the pool, yard work etc. Do you ladies have pictures of your rings? I'd love to see some sparkle!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Rrcanham!
Hope your stay here is short and sweet. The ring looks lovely on your hand.
Any developments?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results