shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie here! Yellow diamond help?

tw805

Rough_Rock
Hi, all!

It's my first time posting here, and I appreciate any help I can get!

I'm looking for a yellow diamond right hand ring and am considering a few options from Diamonds By Lauren. I'm unable to see any of the options in person, so am a little nervous about buying anything that I haven't seen in person.

My criteria:
-Budget: under $5,000
-Cuts I'm open to: cushion, square radiant, princess
-Clarity: Anything up through SI2. Overall I care more about getting a diamond with maximum brilliance rather than a flawless one.
-Size: at least 6mm x 6mm (around 1.5 ct).
-Setting: halo
-Color: as close to fancy yellow as possible for my budget (I realize I'll have to stick with W-X-Y-Z)

Curious what folks think about these options below? Note that David from DBL has already confirmed that he can put the first 2 stones in a halo setting that fits within my budget. So really just seeking advice about which stone is likely to look the best in person, and whether there are any red flags that stick out about any of these options?

Thanks in advance!

1. 1.70ct / SI1 / Y-Z color:
r8956-03.jpg

2. 1.54ct / IF / Y-Z color:
r9019-02.jpg

3. This stone is already set in a ring: 1.5ct / SI1 / W-X color. I'm unsure whether I want to go with a bezel setting (if I choose either of the above 2 stones, I'd likely go with a prong setting).
Images: http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/150ct-w-x-si1-cushion-diamond-r8886
Video:
r8886-01.jpg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Not an expert but just thought I would say that I really like one that is already set. My second choice would be the 1.54ct.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask DBL if you can get pictures of the stones/ring side-by-side. Tell them what you are looking for. Do you want
more yellow, more sparkle/brilliance? Let them know and advise you on which stone they think fits your criteria
best.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I have a W-X colored diamond. It is very yellow (especially when set in a yellow gold setting). I love it, it’s perfect even though it’s not “fancy yellow”.

I have also bought a diamond from David, and he is wonderful. He’s one of the rare ones I trust in the industry. Both of those stoned are beautiful, and I can say that if you buy from David you won’t be disappointed. He doesn’t sell anything that would perform poorly. I personally like the IF stone above, because mine is a IF too!

FA689A63-DFE0-4141-B287-7E8408192347.jpeg

tw805

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies, this is helpful!!

@tyty333 Great suggestion about the photographs, I will definitely ask for that!

@Sprinkles&Stones Your ring is so beautiful! Excellent choice!

I'm still thinking over my options and waiting for David's reply to my latest barrage of questions, but I'll keep you posted on my decision!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
You can’t go wrong with David. He’s got a great eye. I have FLY ring and fancy earrings that are alphabet diamonds from him and they look amazing. Gold bezels help so much w alphabet yellows. Earrings pictured.

0B9D4C68-DCE9-4805-9A46-B79880142DBB.jpeg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
@tw805 I’ve worked with David on several occasions and he is great, tell him what you are looking for and he will make it happen :) All three options you posted are nice-I would choose based in what pattern, color and shape you are most drawn too-looking forward to seeing which one you choose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results