shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie here....this is a promise ring i''m getting for my GF.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

La_Man

Rough_Rock
Got it at whiteflash after reading all the postive post about them. Picking it up tonight.

I know nothing about diamonds so i''m hoping this is a good purchase

Dtl_0627.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
coming from WF i''m sure it''s wonderful. the ring is so pretty and classic.

La_Man

Rough_Rock
thank you for the reply. I''m hoping the ring is as beautiful in real life as it is in the pic. Its not a big carat ring so i''m hoping its not tooo small.

.78 carat 6.5 digit.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
wow, that''s a really nice promise ring! it''s probably bigger than my ering will be! i''m sure she''ll love it!
9.gif

La_Man

Rough_Rock
she better!!! our 3rd anni is coming up and i ran out of gift ideas. lol....this was all that i can think of to get.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
Why not just propose with that puppy?!
30.gif
Looking at that I''m sure she''d say yes
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and am sure she will love it. Nicest promise ring I''ve seen. She''s a lucky girl!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a HECK of a nice promise ring...that was the size of my original ering!!!!!

La_Man

Rough_Rock
lol...not yet.

b4 i get myself into trouble...since she does visit this site religiously...it is not because i couldn''t think of anything else i want to get her. But we went through some rough times and i thought our 3rd anni should be something important and significant and not just another year of being together.

So this is a promise of things to comes and my renew commitment to our relationship. yeah i know its mushy icky stuff but my lawyer told me its better to CYA (cover your @ss) incase the misses read this. love you baby. yes she knows about the ring.

La_Man

Rough_Rock
i don''t know how some people do it. Ordering it online with nothing to work with was stressful. didn''t get to see the diamond/setting until they were finished with it is nerve racking.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring and a nice size! Since you got it from Whiteflash, you can probably upgrade if you ever decide you want to go bigger when you propose!!!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...that is a nice BIG promise ring.

Is your GF on here?! I''ve seen the exact same WF photo on here today from a girl saying it was her new promise ring....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it looks JUST like and engagement ring to me..and I hope you understand that it will look like an engagement ring to 100% of the people who see it!

I think it''s a good purchase, however, since once you do decide to get engaged, all you''ll have to do is upgrade this diamond!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s lovely!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 4:22:24 PM
Author: La_Man
thank you for the reply. I''m hoping the ring is as beautiful in real life as it is in the pic. Its not a big carat ring so i''m hoping its not tooo small.

.78 carat 6.5 digit.
well lets see ,,,,, my promise ring was like .25ct sooooooo I hope she likes um big, because that''s pretty big for a promise ring!!!! Lucky girl!!!!!!
2.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~What a puurrrty promise!!!!
30.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is one huge and pretty promise ring! Your gf is a very lucky girl! I''m guessing the ering will be around 3 carats?
31.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful ring. Please post hand pics when you can.

blueberrygirl

Rough_Rock
Beautiful Ring!

...Don''t get the lawyer comment
33.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
hunney that''s an engagement ring.

beautiful.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 11:07:06 PM
Author: ladykemma
hunney that''s an engagement ring.

beautiful.
Haha. That''s what I was thinking. How sweet and it''s beautiful! She will looove it. When my husband gave me a promise ring back when we were iin college, it was a quarter carat size and I cherished it sooo much. Your honey''s getting a VERY NICE size promise ring! But I am sure she will cherish it no matter what the size because it''s so special.
36.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Nice. You La Man!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... beautiful ring!! I''m curious as to how promise rings work, as I''ve never known of anyone to have one... I''m guessing it''s more typical depending on what part of the country you''re in? Or maybe age? Will she wear it on her left hand ring finger, same as an engagement ring? And will it bother you to constantly correct people that "no, we''re not engaged" or do you prefer to say "well we haven''t set a date yet" or "we''ll be getting engaged soon"?

I guess i''m not understanding what it signifies... like, is it just a way of saying you don''t have plans for the actual wedding yet, but you''re definitely planning on getting married? Sorry for all the questions... just intrigued by the concept!
26.gif

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
That''s a gorgeous promise ring LaMan!!
36.gif

I wore a promise ring for about 4 years before we got engaged this May. It was approx 1/8 of a carat (I actually have no idea but I''m approximating). I think a promise ring is just signifying that you are committed to each other for the long run and hope to be engaged one day. I think some people replace it with the engagement ring (that''s what I did) and some people move the promise ring to the right hand (or you could start with it on the right hand, which also makes sense). I got mine when I was 19 so I wore it on my left hand and nobody mistook me for being engaged. But then I was 22-23, everyone started asking if that was an engagement ring! Luckily fiance proposed with an e-ring and now I don''t have to correct people anymore.

Anyway, congrats on such a pretty promise ring! I''m sure she will adore it
1.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 8:56:01 AM
Author: eleguin
That's a gorgeous promise ring LaMan!!
36.gif

I wore a promise ring for about 4 years before we got engaged this May. It was approx 1/8 of a carat (I actually have no idea but I'm approximating). I think a promise ring is just signifying that you are committed to each other for the long run and hope to be engaged one day. I think some people replace it with the engagement ring (that's what I did) and some people move the promise ring to the right hand (or you could start with it on the right hand, which also makes sense). I got mine when I was 19 so I wore it on my left hand and nobody mistook me for being engaged. But then I was 22-23, everyone started asking if that was an engagement ring! Luckily fiance proposed with an e-ring and now I don't have to correct people anymore.

Anyway, congrats on such a pretty promise ring! I'm sure she will adore it
1.gif
That's the same thing I done with my promise ring. I wore it on my left hand for about 9 months and then I got the ering. It's just to show that you do hope to get engaged someday, when the time is right. I then moved it to my right hand, I also got a pretty little gold chain and wore it around my neck as a pendent . I still get that little guy out all the time about once every week and a half and clean it, I love that ring!
5.gif

La_Man

Rough_Rock
no way...never 3c. thats just tooo big.

I might just double for thee ring.

La_Man

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 6:47:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Well, it looks JUST like and engagement ring to me..and I hope you understand that it will look like an engagement ring to 100% of the people who see it!

I think it''s a good purchase, however, since once you do decide to get engaged, all you''ll have to do is upgrade this diamond!

I guess i''m gonna have a lot of explaining to do when she shows it to her family and friends.

La_Man

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 7:26:04 AM
Author: ephemery1
Wow... beautiful ring!! I''m curious as to how promise rings work, as I''ve never known of anyone to have one... I''m guessing it''s more typical depending on what part of the country you''re in? Or maybe age? Will she wear it on her left hand ring finger, same as an engagement ring? And will it bother you to constantly correct people that ''no, we''re not engaged'' or do you prefer to say ''well we haven''t set a date yet'' or ''we''ll be getting engaged soon''?

I guess i''m not understanding what it signifies... like, is it just a way of saying you don''t have plans for the actual wedding yet, but you''re definitely planning on getting married? Sorry for all the questions... just intrigued by the concept!
26.gif

1) I think people in here can do a better job of explaining what/how a promise ring works better then i can. I didn''t know what to call this gift...its very complicated (at least to me) and the best and only answer was to call it a "promise" ring. There is a lot more meaning to it then just a promise to get married sort of thing.

2) how she will wear it is up to her really. doesn''t matter on which finger/hand. i''m not a stickler for that.

3) of the 3 choices i like "we''ll be getting engaged soon". but it won''t brother me at least not yet. Will have to get back to you on that one.

ask away.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
she''ll love it

La_Man

Rough_Rock
that might be her....you have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results