shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie here planning her wedding-HELLO!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Princes

Rough_Rock
Hello all. New to the forum (first post) and needing some advice/opinions on planning a small wedding for immidiate family and a few best friends. 25 or so people.

This will be a very non-traditional wedding. No wedding party and I dont want to walk down the isle. lol (i''m a tomboy and i''d rather NOT have a wedding but he wants one. lol)

I have a friend who''ll make our cake. Another friend who is an attorny can be appointed judge for a day and marry us. I have a dres. no pics yet. (black and white-mostly black and in a satin material. very beautiful and i''ll post pics at a later date.

So I am thinking the them will be of course black and white. He''ll wear a black tux w/ a white tie. Simple! My flowers will be black and white.
(need suggestion on what would be the best flowers to use?? Roses maybe???)

We may plan this outdoors at a local park. We are also in the process of looking for places to rent that are reasonable.

After the wedding we will have a party that we''ll send invites for. approx 100 people (any suggestions on what we should do would be great. ie: buffet style, picinic etc etc.)

what do you all think? for the record, we are not gothic. lol (nothing wrong w/ that). i just wanted to make that clear since my dress is black and that was the first thing my mother asked, "you having a gothic wedding?" lol

THANKS!
30.gif

Princes

Rough_Rock
tring to post pics of the dress but i am having a hard time. lol

lemme know if they don''t show.

LizDress2flowers.jpg

Princes

Rough_Rock
sorry i made 3 post in a row. it wouldn''t allow me to add an attachment ot the first post and the 2nd post only allowed me to post one pic. i read the FAQ on uploading and in the furture i''ll use a site to host my photo''s.

thanks!

LizDress1.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I think your dress is very pretty and your wedding sounds unique and fun! Welcome to the boards.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t worry about the multiple posts, its fine. Your dress is really pretty, and more bridal looking than I expected. It sounds like you want an informal wedding (which I think is great), so I''d be careful with the black and white theme--to me that sounds formal, so you should be careful to make sure it doesn''t end up that way (unless you want it to be), or that your guests don''t expect things to be more formal than they are.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the dress!!! I would suggest white roses, but steer clear of black flowers... too much dark symbolism there. White roses would show up very well against the black of your dress. Maybe some stephanotis to go with the embroidered flowers?

One alternative to walking down the aisle is to meet your FI at the top of the aisle and walk down together. I've seen this done and it's lovely. Up to you, of course!

It sounds like you've got a good idea of what you want! Congratulations, that's a HUGE step! Welcome to the boards!

Princes

Rough_Rock
thank you both for the comments.

as far as the formal....thas GREAT advice and i didn''t think about it.

we still don''t have a date set. (we cannot figure out a good time and its finals week). so we are both trying not to think to much about this till after finals.

thanks again!!!

Princes

Rough_Rock
LOVE the dress!!! I would suggest white roses, but steer clear of black flowers... too much dark symbolism there. White roses would show up very well against the black of your dress. Maybe some stephanotis to go with the embroidered flowers?

One alternative to walking down the aisle is to meet your FI at the top of the aisle and walk down together. I''ve seen this done and it''s lovely. Up to you, of course!

It sounds like you''ve got a good idea of what you want! Congratulations, that''s a HUGE step! Welcome to the boards!

thank you! all white flowers sound like an even better idea!!!! reat advice and meeting him down the aisle is a good idea. my father passes away many years ago and i really do not have anyone to walk me down the aisle. my mom wouldn''t be able to not cry long enough to do it. lol

btw, if anyone wants to know why i went w/ this dress. of the many i tried on from www.davidsbridal.com (clearance rack) this was the one WE both REALLY liked. it fit perfect and won''t need altered. it was also only $60 and had been $180. being a tomboy, i gotta be comfortable and this dress felt that way. i also didn''t want to spend a lot on a dress.

thanks again for comments and suggestions!! keep them coming.

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Princes, I am a bit like you, don''t really want a wedding, veil, walk down the aisle etc. Luckily for me I now live in a different country to my entire (huge!!!) family. I need to be married in order to work here, so we are having a simple ceremony in a rotunda at the botanic gardens (just us and my sister and 2 friends). I think you will be happy about making the day for you and not for everyone else. We''ll have a big party when we go back home with all family and friends but it will just be a BBQ and the focus won''t be as much on us which makes me happy. I am so relieved it has all worked out this way- good luck!

Princes

Rough_Rock
just some arrangements that i SORTA liked. i''d have to see them in person to really know if i liked them.

thanks for the suggestion of the stephanotis. i had no idea what kind of flowers those might be (on the dress). it appears that this is what they are.

comments on the flowers are appreciated. should i go simple b/c of how informal the wedding is??? i think so but i really like the cascades. lol

thanks....

(i''m going to try to make my own but then again i may try to find REAL flowers at a resonable price).

redwhiteWeddingBouque.jpg

Princes

Rough_Rock

whiteWeddingflowing.jpg

Princes

Rough_Rock

stephanotisWeddingBouquet.jpg

Princes

Rough_Rock

roseBridalBouquet.jpg

Princes

Rough_Rock

flowersWedding.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results