shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Help With Diamond Purchase Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dmv

Rough_Rock
Can you all please help me with the purchase of a diamond...

I have been looking and researching and I feel I am more knowledgeable than your average guy, I know what the 4 c''s are and I understand table and depth. Some of the Idealscope talk is a bit over my head but that''s about it.

My budget is about $4000. I am interested in a 1ct oval diamond. I have found this stone listed below.

My criteria is:
Oval
Cut: Very good or better
Color: H or better
Clarity: VS2 or better
Carat: about .98 or larger

I have found this diamond below and it is GIA cert. I like the very good cut with the excellent polish and very good symmetry for that great fire, the color is in my range and the clarity is a little high for the best price probably but that''s ok. You can search for this diamond on several websites and find it available for a range of prices. What drew me to this one was the high cut and polish/symmetry for the price. Opinions Please...

http://www.whiteflash.com/oval/Oval-cut-diamond-2147507.htm

http://www.since1910.com/loose-diamonds/Oval/TabId/124/Stone/16268569/Default.aspx?Return=Shape%3d5%26Color%3dH%26Clarity%3dVVS1%26MinPrice%3d3216%26MaxPrice%3d4866%26MinCarat%3d0.94%26MaxCarat%3d11.23

You can even find it by searching on Amazon.com and it is for sale there as well...

Any advice on this stone would be appreciated...Thanks

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
If you want a good cut in an oval your going to have to go beyond vg or ex polish/symmetry. You need to be looking at ASET images for fancy cuts which would include your oval. I would say that you stick with a PS vendor bc they will provide the ASET image for you. If you are interested in the WF oval you have linked then i would inquire and ask for ASET. You can post pic''s here and experts or knowlegeble PS''s will point you in a good direction. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results