shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Help - Purchasing a loose stone

NUGS18

Rough_Rock
Hi all! My SO and I are meeting with SK in the coming weeks to design our ring. We have not acquired a center stone yet and have no clue how this process works. I saw on his website that he can help source a stone. But since we will be in NYC, I'd like to be able to go look at some as well.

I know ID Jewelry is well reputed here, and would consider visiting them to find a stone or any other recommended vendors. My questions are - do we purchase a stone from them and then take it over to SK? Would they send the stone right to him? Or is it better to let SK and his folks help in the process of getting a stone?

This is all so new to us, and very daunting. Thanks for any advice!

Girl505

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I had the exact same plan. While I intended to go with SK, I ended up going with IDJ for the setting and diamond.

I recommend calling SK and asking how to handle this but I was given 2 options.

The first is depending on the vendor, they could deliver it to SK and it would be insured in the process.

The second is you buy the diamond and you take it home with you. SK will then deliver an insured package in which you can send the diamond to them. I believe this option might be also considered for tax reasons.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results