shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie has a question....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Covo

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I love this site and as a new person to all of this, can someone tell me what upgrading a diamond entails? I have an emerald cut diamond with baguette sidestones my husband and I may get upgraded. Do you just pay the difference in price? thanks!

MelanieC

Shiny_Rock
Hi there Covo,

It depends on the policy of the store you bought your ring from. What are the upgrade policies of that store? You must upgrade it at the store you bought it for if they have an upgrade policy. Not all stores do. Some say it must be double what you pay, some give no upgrades, and some give upgrade in any amounts.

If you wanted to go with a different store for an upgrade, you would have to see what that store would give you for the stone, but more than likely you would get very little for the stone.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Upgrade policies vary from vendor to vendor. No Pricescope vendor officially offers an upgrade on diamonds purchased elsewhere. Other vendors may but likely will not. This thread compares the policies of several online vendors. Look for the "Upgrade Policy" section near the end of the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results