shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie diamond necklace question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bridonohue

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am looking to buy a round diamond and a place setting for a necklace to give my wife. I know nothing about doing diamonds and have been reading posts and other info here for a few hours. Now I really feel like I know nothing. My budget is small, up to $700. I have been using the search engine to look at some stones and picked this one. Any advice? Is it a good enough stone for a necklace. Should I just give up? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.

I don''t remember the engangement ring being this hard. I was in NYC and able to go to a friends wholesale shop and spend hours comparing stones. Seems harder on-line.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Brian
H
VS2
0 (H&A)

1.1-EX
ex-ex-ex-vg
33.9°
40.9°
AGS
0.9-1.7
pt
id
id
no
$615BS
GoodOldGold

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, that looks like it will be a lovely stone! Also GOG is great at setting pendants, as a poster (Mara) had one reset by them, and they did a phenomenal job!

Looks like a nice stone, and don't give up, there are so many great stones out there. If the stone you posted is not taken, I say go for it! If it's already taken, let us know and we can try to help you locate another.

As for the setting, I guess a simple four prong basket would do, but you can always have a more modern bezel set to compliment the stone. What do you want it to look like?

bridonohue

Rough_Rock
I think the 4 pronge basket. My wife has very conservative taste when it comes to jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results