shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie curious about makers mark

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

splash

Rough_Rock
Hello, I'm new here! I found your site after doing some research to see if I could find anything out about my engagement ring and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on things. There's no particular reason for this, just curiosity.

The ring was purchased on ebay and was said to be an estate piece, so the seller knew very little. We were told that it was estimated to be from the 1930s and was an asscher cut stone set in platinum. That's all I know about it. However, I finally managed to take a decent picture of the markings on the band, but have come up short searching the internet. If anyone has any sort of clue, I'd appreciate it! Picture of the ring...

(I hope the pic attaches correctly!)

goodringpic2.jpg

splash

Rough_Rock
And the markings!

cropped side ring pic.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous ring! The 900 PLAT 100 IRID is pretty straight-forward (the specific platinum alloy is 9/10s platinum, hardened by 1/10 iridium), but I can''t quite tell about the first one - is that a little E in a circle?

splash

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I think the first mark is the outline of a capital G or maybe a C. Forgive the horrid drawing, but from what I can make out, it looks a bit like this. However, it''s been very difficult to get a good look at the top part of whatever it might be.

splash

Rough_Rock
Oops! Forgot the pic.

kinda pic of font2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results