shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddatr

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I just started my experience seriously looking at diamonds for an engagement ring about a week ago. There is tons of information out there I almost feel overwhelmed! But that''s okay because I started early and have time to look around if I don''t find something to my liking immediately.

After visiting a B&M store yesterday that where I felt I could trust the saleswoman, I felt fairly irritated and walked out. They were trying to sell diamonds that were around .75 carat with SI-I ratings (not eye clean, in my opinion) and an H color for $4000+!.

I''ve spent some time looking on WF, JA, BN and I think I found a suitable diamond on JA. I''m hoping for some opinions. I''ve attached the IS image as well. I think it looks decent, though I must admit I have little experience judging them.

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.70
Cut: Hearts & Arrows Ideal
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.9%
Table: 55.7%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet:
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.66*5.72*3.53

Crown Angle: 34.4°
Crown %: 15.20
pavilion Angle: 40.9°
pavilion %: 43.10

B110-525ID.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

The diamond you posted looks great! Ideally we would have hearts images in order to evaluate the overall cut precision of a hearts and arrows diamond, but to the best of my knowledge JA don''t provide these, however the diamond looks very nice!

ddatr

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

I was a little bit nervous that the white around the outside edges in the IS was a little bit much. Though, looking at a bunch of other IS images (from varying price ranges) it seems fairly standard to have some white on the edge. Not bad for $2100 I suppose.

There''s a slight inclusion that looks like its near the table but I already contacted JA and they said it is eye clean. I guess I''ll keep looking but this seems to be promising for the moment.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 12:07:01 PM
Author: ddatr
Thank you!

I was a little bit nervous that the white around the outside edges in the IS was a little bit much. Though, looking at a bunch of other IS images (from varying price ranges) it seems fairly standard to have some white on the edge. Not bad for $2100 I suppose.

There''s a slight inclusion that looks like its near the table but I already contacted JA and they said it is eye clean. I guess I''ll keep looking but this seems to be promising for the moment.
The white areas you see are actually fine, this is '' controlled leakage'' which can aid desirable visual properties of a diamond such as contrast and scintillation, so no worries!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results