shape
carat
color
clarity

New York diamond district, Tiffany, Zales and Pricescope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to Cary Horrowitz Pricescope gets ink along with Tiffany, Zales and New York''s diamond district
21.gif

SmartMoney: A Cut Above

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the mention Leonid! That's great to be the one singled out in the article.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Pricescope & Leo...interesting article...I love how it mentions that Zales prices were so close to Tiffanys and for obviously nowhere near the same cut quality!! Hee!
rodent.gif

Leonid you should get web rights for the article and post it under the tutorial section as the article, or on the homepage as a little graphic spot to show that Pscope got some press!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful Leonid!

You know, I always wish that they would talk about cut a little more. I would have thought that the "expert" would have mentioned cut straight off. Instead, the writer left Tiffany thinking color and clarity were still the most important and you only get to cut when other jewelers mention it.

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Awsome, Leonid. I agree with Mara - you should find a way to post this as part of the tutorial, although the people that come to pricescope as a result of the article will probably be significant.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
The thing that left me stunned was the relative parity in price points between Tiff's and Zales.

I am guessing that the powers that be at Zales aren't going to be overly thrilled with that article.
2.gif

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I really got a chuckle about the Zale's analogy. Why a company like Zales can't sell GIA & AGS reports and provide the buying public with realistic value is beyond me. It's all marketing and some of the buying public falls for it. Probably lots more than we dare to think about. The staffs only know what is on the ticket and really believe what they sell is the best thing since sliced bread. They are lucky to have a loupe to work with. I was told by one of their managers that their 12 months no interest has a 23-25% markup built into the pricing. They are selling credit not jewelry.

"Shopping at Zales is like buying a Hyundai. You're not getting the best and you know it, but it will get you around town,"

Too funny! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results