shape
carat
color
clarity

New York Diamond District purchase and projects

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
I finally made it to NY to set my ER upgrade and set my old ER into a necklace setting . ID Jewelery is doing the necklace and Leon Mege is doing my ring. Pictures to follow when they are done.
Pictures now are of my crazy ring purchase. I have had this in my Ruby Lane wish list for months.Now it is on my finger and going home with me! ! :appl: Hope you like her.

20150413_191347.jpg

20150413_191409.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring Bbziggy. Unique, yet very wearable. I love the combination of colors and shapes!!

How exciting that you have a pendant and ring project in the works!! What designs have you chosen?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I love that ring bbziggy. :love: And so exciting all the projects you have going on right now. :appl: I cannot wait to see what I am sure will be gorgeous new pieces. What is Leon Mege doing for your ring?

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Acinom and Missy!
It had been exciting. Leon is doing The 3 Stone .Round center with pear sides. Picked the sides today. Here is the picture of them together with my center stone.

20150414_161539.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bbziggy|1429047157|3861883 said:
Thanks Acinom and Missy!
It had been exciting. Leon is doing The 3 Stone .Round center with pear sides. Picked the sides today. Here is the picture of them together with my center stone.

LOVE this bbziggy! Classic Leon. BEAUTIFUL. :love: :love: :love:
So excited for you!

20150414_0.jpg

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Missy :)
I think I just kept coming back to this setting. I wanted something classic. I have other things that are more blingy and felt like something more elegant. I chose single claw prongs because my husband liked them better .I like either single or double. It will be 4 to 6 weeks before it is finished.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see the final ring when Leon is done.
Its going to look beautiful!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
The Opal, diamond and treesand sapphire ring is early Art Deco. It has a 2 ct black Australian Opal. Set with 2 OEC diamonds estimated at.8ctw really white and VS-SI clarity. The sapphires are french cut and total about 1.2tcw.It is set in platinum. The colors in the Opal are so beautiful and fiery. There are tons of greens,blues,oranges,and reds.It is very fiery!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the crazy spelling and extra words or missing ones. I am doing this from my phone and can't see:):). Thanks Madison2

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that ring has some personality! Very kool!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bbziggy, I love your new ring!!! It's gorgeous.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the proportions on your potential LM 3 stone! What are the color grades of the center and side stones?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bbziggy|1429047157|3861883 said:
Thanks Acinom and Missy!
This is going to be amazing, a classic and favorite design. Congratulations.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on both rings!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love the bold combination of the opal and onyx ring, what a great find! Looking forward to seeing your other projects, the 3 stone ring is going to be stunning!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks tyty333 and Calliecake!
Thanks m-2-b the center is 3.31 G color and the pears are G and 1ct total.My center is a spready stone. We tried about 7 or 8 sets of pears and these looked the best.
Thanks cokitty and arkib1 !
Thanks lovinggems. The French cut stones next to the opal are actually dark blue sapphires. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All kinds of classy. Nice job. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, your diamond is the perfect size to do that setting! I love the pears you chose, too!

The deco ring is beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the Leon will be stunning as well. Beautiful and classic choice.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, the both of them. I just started learning about black opal---great score!!!!! Thank you for sharing and we look forward to many more pics!!!! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportions of the side pears to the center diamond on your LM ring. I also love how vastly different the styles are on your rings. Yay for diversity. :appl:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see your 3 stone LM ring! A 3 stone ring with side pears and a center round is one of my favorites. Oh, and your stones are gorgeous.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Finally home Ahhh. Thank for all of the kind words and compliments mrs-blop, Diamondseeker2006, Acinom, azstoie, minousbijoux,and acac2013!!

I can 't believe how much fun NY was and the weather was fantastic!! I met with Yekutiel his wife Tami and his father. They were a pleasure to work with and I hope that I will love the ER to necklace transformation when it is completed. It will be fairly simple with one of my old side stones hanging first and then a very small round and then my old pear center stone all hung on a DBTY necklace with 6 10 pointers. 3 on each sideThis should be complete in 2 weeks.

Leon was also a pleasure and he spent so much time with us. He wasn't pleased with the first group of pears for the sides and had me come back the next day to try 4 other sets of pears. Luckily this set looked great. He has a very funny sense of humor, was really friendly and my DH really likes him. I am over the moon excited to have one of his creations. Now the waiting part. It will be 4-6 weeks.

The opal ring was bought from Dima Jewels who is also in the diamond district. I can't tell you how many times that I looked at the ring on the Ruby Lane site over the last months. Since we were going to NY I figured I would put a refundable deposit down on it and see it. It is even more beautiful in person. The colors change with every movement as the light hits the opal.

I think that will be all my bling for a very long time or at least until the next antique show , but don't tell my DH :naughty:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
This is the type of drop I will will doing for my original ER to necklace project. The larger pear of mine is very deep . It is 2.18 but faces up more like a 1.8 . Guess we didn't know much of anything about diamonds over 30 years ago. I hope that it will rest fine against my skin. ID Jewelry thought it would be fine. I still have an extra pear shape side that I didn't use. I hope that I will like the design. I have such a hard time making decisions. Halo , no halo, halo , no halo. OK no halo :)

screen_shot_2015-04-16_at_1.png

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I was too busy admiring the opal! Yes I can see they are dark blue stones now. That's an even better combination than with onyx!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results