shape
carat
color
clarity

**New Year’s resolutions!**

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less news for me. It's depressing and I can't change anything. I have to believe that the world is exactly as it is meant to be and trust that all will be ok.

Hang in there. I understand those feelings well. Whatever it is, you will get through it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Drink more water, wear sunscreen, and slooow down a little.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How is everyone doing so far? :wavey:

I don’t usually make a resolution like this, but I’ve reached my upper limit for weight so SOMETHING had to be done. I can’t go and buy a new wardrobe and have all my rings resized!

So, today was weigh-in for the local weight loss challenge I joined. A crazy body scanner took all these measurements and I also stood in my sports bra for “before” pictures! We got a menu and grocery lists—very helpful! But I do like www.thefresh20.com for family meal planning. So after the first week or two I will probably use that. I met a lot of women this morning during orientation and they all seem to love the gym. It’s $120/mo for a 2-year contract if I want to join. I’ve never paid that much for a gym! The classes are all HIIT 35 min sessions. It’s so close to my house. Very convenient! I’m also attempting a 30-day yoga challenge with a group of Facebook friends. I’m already falling behind with that, but I haven’t given up yet.

We are flying somewhere warm and wonderful for spring break (destination undecided) and I want to be a smaller butt on the airplane. Another motivator.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@KristinTech we’re cheering you on!

Update on the “train smart at the gym”: I’m cutting down my run mileage and went from 15 miles a week to 9. The mileage was replaced with walking, which is more gentle on my feet. It just takes longer. I no longer figure skate, so there is less chance of hurting my legs then. It took too much time to drive, skate, and go home. My husband is happy because it means I’m not at the rink until 9 pm.

Another New Years resolution to add: deep clean every 2 weeks.

Last edited:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
The one specific resolution I made is to waste less food. Sooo much food in my fridge ends up getting thrown out and the waste makes me disgusted with myself!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less news for me. It's depressing and I can't change anything. I have to believe that the world is exactly as it is meant to be and trust that all will be ok.

I had less news as my resolution too @ceg . I keep telling myself to look away from the train wreck. Yesterday’s news pulled me right back in.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had less news as my resolution too @ceg . I keep telling myself to look away from the train wreck. Yesterday’s news pulled me right back in.

I get it! I'm just trying to balance between sticking my head in the sand and being obsessed with the drama (trauma!) of it all.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want to read more this year.
Less time on the internet ( netfix etc ) and more time in the classics!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Day 2 of workouts completed, and I have really liked them! They move very quickly and before I know it, I’m finished with a bright red, sweaty face. :lol: Meal planning is going well and the family likes the food so far. Buying so much fresh produce is taking up a lot of real estate in the fridge, which is a good thing.

Down 4 pounds, I’m on my way!

I’ve given up on the yoga challenge.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 2 of workouts completed, and I have really liked them! They move very quickly and before I know it, I’m finished with a bright red, sweaty face. :lol: Meal planning is going well and the family likes the food so far. Buying so much fresh produce is taking up a lot of real estate in the fridge, which is a good thing.

Down 4 pounds, I’m on my way!

I’ve given up on the yoga challenge.

Woohoo, nice going @KristinTech :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I didn't make this a resolution per se but I am going through all my stuff and decluttering and giving away everything I don't use/need and it feels so good. I am a minimalist at heart and it feels good to let that girl out and allow myself to get rid of all the extra weight. Figuratively and literally. It's freeing. Goodbye to all the clutter and stuff and hello to a more minimalist lifestyle.:appl:

I am a work in progress however and taking it one day at a time.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Broke them all.sad :((:oops2:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't really going to do NY resolutions this year, but I did make one: To be (more) kind. To others and to myself. I was reading that giving someone else a compliment makes them feel good AND you feel good, so that's a huge win-win. And so often the little voice in my head is very negative, so I'm trying to be more positive about myself.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't really going to do NY resolutions this year, but I did make one: To be (more) kind. To others and to myself. I was reading that giving someone else a compliment makes them feel good AND you feel good, so that's a huge win-win. And so often the little voice in my head is very negative, so I'm trying to be more positive about myself.

This is so true. My random acts of kindness are often motivated by how good they make me feel! It kinda sounds terrible but in the end it's good for everyone!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Telephone, This is so true. One never know what others are dealing with in their life or how they are feeling. At the very least saying kind words and giving a compliment will make someone a little bit happier for a few moments,. To the person who really is struggling that comment can mean so much more and may help them get thru the day. I realize that we may never happen to say the thing that helps someone in a dramatic way and have no way of knowing If we have, but how wonderful if you do happen upon the person who really needs to hear the kind word.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just get my f*cking shit together and move on with my life overall really... :whistle: no biggie! :lol:

Seriously though, usual things - get fitter/healthier, become more independent, find joy in life again.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally agree with this and in fact always have tried to live my life this way. Generous with kind words and kind acts in general. Not only does it make others feel better but it makes us feel better. It truly does. In that regard there is no such thing as a completely altruistic act because we all benefit from being kind and generous to others.

And often we are our own harshest critic...be kind to yourself too just like you would be towards a friend. (((Hugs))).

the-five-rules-of-life-be-kind-to-others-know-12598526.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results