color
clarity

**New Year’s resolutions!**

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What are yours?

Mine are:
—Actual meal planning for the week (including a healthy lunch for me!). I travel for my job, so I’m in my car a lot. I have let weight creep creep creep up this year, and I know that an easy way for me to shed some pounds is to bring my lunch instead of eating out. It just takes some planning and forethought. I can do this. :dance: Also, drink more water throughout the day!

—Get back into running and triathlon. I don’t know why I fell off that wagon last year, but I did. That didn’t help the weight situation! We have a very active running community and cycling community here. I have tons of friends waiting for me to do group runs and rides. I just need to take advantage of it!

Goal: 15 pounds by end of March (spring break). :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lose 60lbs, I know what I need to do just haven't been motivated and it doesn't help that my blood work is great despite being so overweight. Eat healthier, back on the treadmill and try new recipes.

Paint and switch the kids rooms, my older son has a castle bed with a slide (obviously too old for the slide so he is using it as a loft bed at this point) which doesn't fit in the younger ones room. So they will switch rooms by September.

Pay down debt, a constant struggle, Care Credit needs to get paid off after our tax return from trying to save our dog who was in kidney failure.

Go out on more dates with DH.

That should keep me busy a good part of the year lol!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
I resolve to lose 8 kilos before summer, to reach my pre pregnancy weight

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I need to write mine down, I always forget them a few weeks into the new year. Unfortunately it's similar to last's year and pretty similar to most people's, there's no real excuse to forget them.

1. Take better care of my health. Less cake, less sweets. BE more active. Today I got out of bed at 12pm and sat on the sofa all day reading terrible romance novels and eating pickles, pound cake and Neuhaus chocolates:roll2::cry2:. Will try to have less of these days. And hopefully I will lose 5-10 lbs? (Who I am kidding? I'm 40, do I need to exercise to lose weight?? I have no idea, having never been in this position before:cry2::cry2::cry2:)
2. Make better spending choices. My kids are older and no longer need/outgrow so much stuff. I'm better than before, they have worn all their clothes and shoes, but they don't need a closet full of clothes. And no more impulsive spending at target! I will leave the kids at home and/or just order essentials online.
3. Be kinder to myself. Try to stress less and forgive myself. Realize and accept my humanity and imperfections. Forgive others too. Especially that POS who shoved me and yanked my hair on the Q train platform and called me "Chinese b@#@" for no reason other than that it was crowded and I was small and easy to pick on. Apparently I'm still annoyed, but by New Year I will have forgiven him (or perhaps forgotten the episode).
4. Update my resume and throw it out there. Perhaps it's time to change careers...
5. Practice more mediation and get more sleep. Maybe this is the same as #1?
I think this is it. Any more and it would seem more like a criticism of my life rather than future goals/aspirations lol

Q

Queenie60

Mine is to maintain my weight loss. To lead a more structured life - arriving to my office earlier so that I can leave earlier - doing more yoga to offset my cardio.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Our goal this year is to do the keto diet. I know it works for me. It's just super hard for me to be without my potatoes. I am a potato fiend. So we will see how this goes this year.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been lax about hitting the gym. Back to making it a priority.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New gym membership for me as of January 1st, and my resolution is to get my money's worth.

I run. I run so much that over the summer I started developing pain in the balls of my feet, which I continuously ignored. Early October, hobbling in pain, I was diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma IN BOTH FEET. What are the chances??!! So I have had twice weekly ultrasound sessions & daily exercises, plus no running since then. My Physio wants me to vary my workouts i.e. spend less time pounding the balls of my feet. I am very much feeling mostly healed these last 2 weeks, but over the last 3 months I have lost my waist. It is thick & I have to prod to feel my hip bones. I always eat more heavier foods when it's cold & my body is paying me back! So i will be starting other cardio workouts plus weights. And to motivate me even more, I am currently staying with the Outlaws for a Christmas break & one of my BIL's said today "It won't last. You like to run & be outdoors in the woods. I'll give you 2 months & you'll cancel your membership!" Red. Rag. Bull. :snooty:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
No more chocolate. It's my downfall.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I plan to continue the changes I made last year, which resulted in a 15 pound weight lose and 38 point reduction in my cholesterol level:

exercise 2-3 times per week
Eat a reasonable diet (good fats and carbs, reasonable amount of calories for my body size)
possibly lose up to another 5 pounds

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
New gym membership for me as of January 1st, and my resolution is to get my money's worth.

I run. I run so much that over the summer I started developing pain in the balls of my feet, which I continuously ignored. Early October, hobbling in pain, I was diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma IN BOTH FEET. What are the chances??!! So I have had twice weekly ultrasound sessions & daily exercises, plus no running since then. My Physio wants me to vary my workouts i.e. spend less time pounding the balls of my feet. I am very much feeling mostly healed these last 2 weeks, but over the last 3 months I have lost my waist. It is thick & I have to prod to feel my hip bones. I always eat more heavier foods when it's cold & my body is paying me back! So i will be starting other cardio workouts plus weights. And to motivate me even more, I am currently staying with the Outlaws for a Christmas break & one of my BIL's said today "It won't last. You like to run & be outdoors in the woods. I'll give you 2 months & you'll cancel your membership!" Red. Rag. Bull. :snooty:

Oh, ouch! I had to switch to Altra shoes for my running. They made all the difference in my Morton’s Neuroma. I am thinking about a gym to join... not sure yet. But I joined a “little black dress challenge” at a local gym that is focused on a “jump start” for the new year. Lots of grocery lists/recipes, and nutritional support. I’m hoping it will help!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My husband is a runner. Your BIL may be a jerk, but he has a point. Runners want to run. I hope you can find a way to work out so that you don't hurt again.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to start running again. I haven’t run for almost two months. I got my eyebrows microbladed and they told me not to exercise bc you can sweat off the dye, so I just haven’t done it. I probably could’ve started running already but it hurt like crazy and I didn’t want to have to go through the entire thing again. It’s been six weeks but I’m having my touch up this week and then I’ll ask my lady when I can start again.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, ouch! I had to switch to Altra shoes for my running. They made all the difference in my Morton’s Neuroma. I am thinking about a gym to join... not sure yet. But I joined a “little black dress challenge” at a local gym that is focused on a “jump start” for the new year. Lots of grocery lists/recipes, and nutritional support. I’m hoping it will help!

It was my shoes that caused the problem. Crazy! I have used New Balance for billions of years & decided to buy some Hokas in June because of the rave reviews on cushioning. Anyway, turns out the toe box was too tight & started the irritation immediately, but I just didn’t think it was anything of note. I was too busy wallowing in the glorious underfoot feeling! Thankfully I stopped in time to deal with it. I am feeling almost 100% now, and when I visit my new gym in the morning I shall be back in New Balance. Glad to hear you have it too & that it’s not the end of the world. I have never taken my feet for granted before, so this really made me stop & think!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@dizzyakira :eek2: I think #1 (especially weightlifting) would help you defend yourself from another attack!

Resolutions:
1) spend more time with my brother’s family instead of just twice a year.
2) train smarter in the gym so I don’t get injured.
3) buy only bling that I love. I bought some gemstones just because they were on sale. :lol-2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to write mine down, I always forget them a few weeks into the new year. Unfortunately it's similar to last's year and pretty similar to most people's, there's no real excuse to forget them.

1. Take better care of my health. Less cake, less sweets. BE more active. Today I got out of bed at 12pm and sat on the sofa all day reading terrible romance novels and eating pickles, pound cake and Neuhaus chocolates:roll2::cry2:. Will try to have less of these days. And hopefully I will lose 5-10 lbs? (Who I am kidding? I'm 40, do I need to exercise to lose weight?? I have no idea, having never been in this position before:cry2::cry2::cry2:)
2. Make better spending choices. My kids are older and no longer need/outgrow so much stuff. I'm better than before, they have worn all their clothes and shoes, but they don't need a closet full of clothes. And no more impulsive spending at target! I will leave the kids at home and/or just order essentials online.
3. Be kinder to myself. Try to stress less and forgive myself. Realize and accept my humanity and imperfections. Forgive others too. Especially that POS who shoved me and yanked my hair on the Q train platform and called me "Chinese b@#@" for no reason other than that it was crowded and I was small and easy to pick on. Apparently I'm still annoyed, but by New Year I will have forgiven him (or perhaps forgotten the episode).
4. Update my resume and throw it out there. Perhaps it's time to change careers...
5. Practice more mediation and get more sleep. Maybe this is the same as #1?
I think this is it. Any more and it would seem more like a criticism of my life rather than future goals/aspirations lol

This makes my blood boil!!:angryfire:

Not exactly the same, but I was touched up quite a lot when I was living in London, on the tube, at bus stops etc - I suspect for the same reason, ie. I am small and LOOK defenseless, and NOT bc I was dressed revealingly (the times I got touched up, I was wearing a suit on the way to work or I was covered from top to toe). I always fought back. I hit them, lashed out at them, kicked them while screaming obscenities at them. That always seemed to work, as the perps always ran away!:clap:

{{HUGS}} to you and hope you manage to achieve your NY resolutions.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine:

1) continue to eat healthily, actually even more healthily
2) exercise more (more cardio and lift heavier than I did last year), so I could lose 5lbs of weight and go down 5% in body fat and have more definition to my body
3) try not to be sick again!

That's all, folks!:)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not doing anything new this year. "Just" wrapping up some projects:
1) Graduate (finally) in June
2) finish airplane restoration

Other than that, I keep on working at eating healthy, exercising in whatever way my body can manage, doing little (and not so little) things around the house.

I don't really set any resolutions for the year and this year I think I realized that is healthier for me. My diagnosis with MS is making everything more challenging for me and I have often been disappointed in myself for not doing X by set date. I realize now that I need to be less focused on the time to meet a goal and more focused on just keeping going and doing my best. I have things I want to do but no set time frame. I work on something until it is done then pick another and keep going. Small stuff gets fit in where I have down time in bigger things. I find I am more able to enjoy what I am doing than when I had a fixed timeline in mind.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No more chocolate. It's my downfall.
Omg! I could not do it : )
Chocolate and I have issues, so I get it... it is an ADDICTIVE substance for sure.
We are here for you : )

I make resolutions every day [[[sigh]]] and then real life gets in the way. Maybe this should be a long-term support thread : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't make New Year's resolutions per se but rather all year strive on improving and being my "best" self.

For 2019 my goal is to continue working on accepting things I cannot change and living in the moment. Enjoying each day and focusing on all I do have and how grateful and thankful I am for the loved ones in my life. For the people I love and who love me and accept me for who I am flaws and all.

We all deal with challenges in life and we cannot always control things that come our way but we can control how we feel about these challenges and how we deal with them.

The wise and poignant John Milton quote always comes into my thoughts when dealing with adversity and I find it to be so true...
"The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven."

the-mind-is-its-own-place-and-in-itself-can-make-a-heaven-of-hell-a-hell-of-heaven-7.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I puffy-heart your post, @missy!:love:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t always do specific resolutions, but am trying to be more intentional in several aspects of my life. From making sure I really love something before buying it, to spending more time off my phone and really being present with my children.

I also try to read at least a little bit everyday. This year I met and surpassed my goal of 100 books. I did start out last year with a goal of 50, then kept raising it as the year went along. My actual goal is usually reading 50 pages a day. It helps me set aside some quiet time and recharge a bit doing something I love. I’m hoping to do the same for 2019.

9D8F8F07-EC22-47D7-8F4C-761740FB881F.jpeg

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
@strawrose I love lifting, I will have to get back into that (it's been over a decade). The incidence took less than 10 seconds and all I did was gape at him with my mouth hanging. It took me completely off guard.

@Phoenix Sorry to hear about your experiences! It is never okay to harass you, no matter what you're wearing or what you look like! The problem is with those perpetrators:x2 Luckily in my 13 or so years here in NYC I've only had a few incidences. I hope 2019 brings compassion, empathy and humanity.

@missy I was raised as Theravada buddhist and my parents have tried to teach me a similar life philosophy. It is very hard for me to practice.:(2

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with @jbake, I would like to be more present and engaged. Specifically I want to shut off my phone more, and split my attention less.

I would be really happy if I can achieve this, especially as I think it will increase the quality of the time I have to give to my daughter.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t always do specific resolutions, but am trying to be more intentional in several aspects of my life. From making sure I really love something before buying it, to spending more time off my phone and really being present with my children.

I also try to read at least a little bit everyday. This year I met and surpassed my goal of 100 books. I did start out last year with a goal of 50, then kept raising it as the year went along. My actual goal is usually reading 50 pages a day. It helps me set aside some quiet time and recharge a bit doing something I love. I’m hoping to do the same for 2019.

9D8F8F07-EC22-47D7-8F4C-761740FB881F.jpeg
Impressive! Congratulations on reading 104 books!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less news for me. It's depressing and I can't change anything. I have to believe that the world is exactly as it is meant to be and trust that all will be ok.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont normally make one...but I think I shall this year...I need to drink less coffee and wine, neither of which too much of is good for me...I also resolve to try to be nicer to my husband...I been a real witch for the last few years...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results