shape
carat
color
clarity

New (White) Kitchen Phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to check in and see how far along you were and if you had anymore questions.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Penn, thanks for checking in!

We we did finalize the kitchen design--ivory cream cabinets with bronze glaze and island in cherry wood w/chestnut finish. I went with large drawers for pot storage and all other lower cabinets are roll outs (w/one lazy susan with no pole). We got rid of the 12 inch cabinets and combined to make one large one. Pull out trash, so lots of storage. 2 lighted glass upper cabinets.
Stove is still between Wolf and DCS, difference of about 1500.

Decided on ORB hardware, but will finalize which ones when we have seen the actual cabinet. Most likely be typical knobs on cabinets and pulls on drawers. One question I have--is it ok to mix hardware (ie one on kitchen, different one on island?).

We are stuck on granite still. When I went and looked at Kashmir Gold and Madura Gold...um, didn't do it for me...too gold. I've been told to look at Giallo Ornmentale, St Cecil (light), New Venetian Gold. I'm trying to avoid anything too generic (I know by my standards that probably sounds funny to you!)--but in my head means I'd rather not have our counter look like bathroom ones if that makes sense. Our island is large (8ft) so the counter top is important to setting the stage. I tend to prefer subtle veins to black blotches, and lighter/warm shades of gold, brown, creams. So the hunt goes on, and eventually have to actually look at slabs.

Thanks Penn!! How're things with you..any new design plans for your home this year?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kashmir white is my favorite. You might really like the San Francisco Real we put in that house. It was a subtler stone but was veiny vs. speckles. I do not like gold and prefer gray over beige so I hear ya on some of them being too warm/gold. Good luck!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 1:41:06 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Kashmir white is my favorite. You might really like the San Francisco Real we put in that house. It was a subtler stone but was veiny vs. speckles. I do not like gold and prefer gray over beige so I hear ya on some of them being too warm/gold. Good luck!
Thanks Tacori. I lreally like grays with white kitchens, but our issue is we also have a cherry island which won''t work with gray..hence the need for *some gold* in the counter I think. Just not liking the ones that are orangey and just too much. We''ve leaned warm since it''s a warm space in the family area which is on the other side of the island. Also another reason why we ended up opting for ivory w/bronze glaze rather than pure white cabinets in main kitchen. Of course now I''ve probably totally dated my kitchen in the process, but what can you do..hopefully the trend will stick around!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results