carat
color
clarity

New Victorian bracelet...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey fellow PS'ers,

About 2 years ago I ordered a beautiful gold bangle from Etsy which unfortunately got lost on the re-directed mail from my Mum to UAE (apparently she didn't think to use tracking :doh:) so I gave up on that one but always kept it in mind...

Last night I was idly perusing Etsy once more (don't lie - we all do it!) and spotted this beauty within my budget and a teeny enough size (6 inches) to fit my wrist. I received a small bonus this month thanks to a very kind award nomination from a colleague (who I also consider a friend) so felt it fitting to spend some of the money on this item.

"Victorian Gold-Filled Hinged Bangle, Engraved Ivy Vine Leaves, "From A Friend" Inscribed Gift, 1890's Bracelet"

il_794xN.2222671960_k12k.jpg bangle.jpg il_794xN.2222672206_jp3p.jpg

I don't own many bangles or bracelets so it will be a significant addition to my collection. Apparently Ivy was a common theme of love and friendship in Victorian times. Very excited about receiving this :dance: What do you all think?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow such beautiful bracelet. Look at the carvings. I love it!!

Wouldn't you post more pictures please?

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous! And so much history hidden in the piece. A true treasure!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Can't wit to see wrist shots!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love the carving.
And I am dying to know what the enigmatic 'from a friend' actually meant to the original owner, aren't you? If only our jewelry could talk!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the inside inscription and it's so meaningful since the award nomination came from a friend. You could also consider buying this as being a friend to yourself! Love the ivy too, so pretty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Rich. Luxurious. Decadent. I love this. :love:

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Love the inscription. That 'friend' from the inscription must've been a really good friend. Mmmmm hmmm!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. Love the ivy design.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, yes the inscription is very special and definitely makes me wonder about it’s back story! Will post wrist shots once received. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results