shape
carat
color
clarity

New user, New ring stack!

Cee Cee

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I'm new here. I recently purchased a new 5-stone 1cttw band after utilizing these forums to figure out what I wanted. So, I figured I would share my new ring stack to help others!

image2 (2).jpeg image1 (3).jpeg
I currently have (1) my engagement ring: the center stone is a 1.03ct VS-1 I-J [I believe it is a round brilliant "transitional cut"? the bottom tip has been cut off as a "cutlet" that is more common with old European cuts], the two side stones are SI-1's, H-I cttw of .65. Then the halos are another 14 stones with .17, and 18 stones with .25ct for a total of 2.10 cttw, set in 14k white gold, then (2) my 5-stone band: (5) roughly .2 stones for a 1 cttw set in 14k white gold, and (3) my yellow gold "spacer": is actually my wedding band (I wanted something very slim that I could wear to the gym). I have ordered another yellow gold 1.5mm spacer as the diamonds in the new band are rubbing underneath the halo and causing some scratches to the gold. The two diamond rings are size 5, the gold band is 4.75. I vary between a 4.75 and 5.

I purchased the 5-stone band at an estate auction for $700 (already in my size!), and other than taking it to my jeweler to test the diamonds and make sure everything was secure, have not had it appraised yet. It's on my to-do list, but I'm not ready to part with it yet! My jeweler told me I got a hell of a deal!

Fun background: the center stone of my engagement ring was my husband's grandmother's that we reset. Here is the original setting (I had a topaz set in as my "something blue" because my jeweler said he couldn't do anything with the setting). The original setting is, according to family lore, from Cartier in the 1940's, picked out in person by my husband's grandfather for his bride to be. The family owned a department store for several generation and made frequent buying trips to NYC on a regular basis. Original setting is platinum with two small bar diamonds- I believe these were about .10 each, but I could be wrong.

image3.jpeg

My husband proposed with the original ring which was 4 sizes too big for me (and so dirty my mother thought it was fake!)- it didn't fit even with a sizer band, and the prongs were so loose that the diamond was rattling in the setting, so it immediately went to my family jeweler, R. R had a store front for 20+ years and custom made my mother's 25th anniversary ring, but now has a small private office. It was a sweet experience custom designing my ring with R and my mother, because I had helped her design her 25th ring with him when I was in college. A lot of family sentiment.

Hope I did the above "right". Everyone here is so knowledgeable about diamonds! I am learning a lot!

Cee Cee

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 57
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 28

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Cee Cee & welcome! :wavey:

Your new 5 stone is beautiful & that’s a whole lot of bling! I love the gold band in the middle as it gives some visual interest & also makes a defined separation between the sparkly ones. But i’m glad you’ve ordered a new one as damaged rings & prongs are costly to repair.

The original ring that now has a topaz in is just lovely! Really glad you managed to keep it & inject a whole new lease of life into it. I love a sentimental piece of jewellery :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe. 5 stones are addictive! I started off with a 5stone band for my solitaire. Then ended up selling it to fund turning my solitaire into a graduated 5 stone that covers my whole finger lol.

My coworker has a 3ct solitaire that people notice for the size, but my 5 stone gets more compliments for the bling factor. Yay 5 stones! Wall of bling ;-)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Cee Cee, and welcome! I loved reading the story of your gorgeous engagement ring, and your new 5 stone is to die for. My e-ring is a 5 stone, I just adore them. I love the two rings worn together, that is some serious bling! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Cee Cee Welcome to PS and wow LOVE your rings. Gorgeous.:kiss2:
And you have such lovely hands and beautiful nails too!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Welcome CeeCee and what a gorgeous set of bling. Wear it in good health and a lifetime of happiness!

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I love the little bit of yellow gold peeking through your gorgeous diamond rings! So pretty!

ladyonthelake

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing and welcome! :)

diamondsndogs

Rough_Rock
5 stone 1.JPG
5 stone profile.JPG
Here is my new 1.5 ctw 5 stone ring (F/VS2). It is the first 5 stone I have ever had, bought it to wear as more of an everyday ring in place of my eternity band/engagement ring set and am beyond pleased with it. I got it from Aby Nathanoff on Etsy at JewelryULovebyAby.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
welcome! Beautiful rings and so blingy! I can only imagine how sparkly you are in real life ;-)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLA! your rings are gorgeous.. simply perfection.. I love the story of your stone, it's wonderful when we can have a history to our stones.

Cee Cee

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words! I've been away from my desk a bit and am just now catching back up! In the interim, my new gold spacer band arrived. It was yellow gold and was not a good match for my original wedding band, and felt it gave the stack a dated look. I exchanged it for a white gold spacer band and am much happier with the look- plus I like that it allows my one yellow gold wedding band to still stand out. Thank you again for the warm welcome!

image2 (3).jpeg image1 (9).jpeg

Diamond425

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful rings. Enjoy

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results