shape
carat
color
clarity

New user, in the market for earrings and a ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Venomboy

Rough_Rock
Hi there. New user here.

For the upcoming valentine''s day, I''m thinking of getting my wife diamond stud earrings in a platinum setting (she already has some in a gold setting). I''m thinking .50 to 1ct total weight. I''m prepared to spend up to $1500. What kind of quality can I expect for that price range? This will be a surprise to her.

June 2008 is our 10 year wedding anniversary. I''d like to get her a new diamond solitaire ring. 1ct to 1.5 ct. More than likely, we''ll search for something together as this won''t be cheap and I want her to be 100% happy with it. She''s also open to a fancier setting. She hasn''t decided on a gold or platinum setting yet.

I live in the SF Bay Area. I''ve been to the Diamond Broker in Los Altos a few times and have heard good things about them. Joe Escobar seems to be have a good rep around here too. Any other Bay Area dealers to recommend? Getting up to San Francisco isn''t easy so I''d like to keep it to Los Altos and anything south of there. A friend of mine had a good experience at the Diamond Source in Los Gatos.

When I''m looking at diamond stud earrings, should I be looking at everything this site recommends when looking at stones for rings? Can these type of stones be certified?

I''m not opposed to buying over the Internet but I do like to comparison shop and actually see what I''m buying in relationship to what I''m not buying.

Should I look at a site like Blue Nile for some ballpark earring prices then see what local dealers have?

Thanks!

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock

Venomboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

As far as price on the solitaire...I''m going to guess what we want is probably $5000 to $15000. I haven''t decided on a figure yet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got some new diamond studs, and I got FAR better quality for a better price than I could find anywhere locallly. I got certified stones in case I ever wanted to upgrade. But the ready-set-go earrings at WF are very nice at a good price. I wouldn[''t spend the money on platinum settings...I''d put the money into the diamonds.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
WF''s Ready, Set To Go are a great value, but not upgradable, just in case she''d ever want larger.

And I agree with ds, platinum for earrings really isn''t necessary, 18 kt. WG would be fine.

I also bought my studs online, ACA''s from WF. They''re gorgeous!

Venomboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. My wife is pretty set on platinum since she aready has gold. I don''t mind paying a bit extra for the platinum.

I''m going to hit up 3 local dealers over the next week or two and compare what I see to online stuff and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results