shape
carat
color
clarity

New to this....what''s the better one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamondchic

Rough_Rock
I am interested in a pear cut diamond. I have been looking around a little bit and trying to read up. I have found 3 (2 at DirtCheapdiamonds.com and 1 at Zales, I think). I just need some input, here are the specs.

GIA
.75--D--VS2--Depth:62.7--Table:65--Culet:none--Flr:none-- Polish and Symmetry both good--7.05x5.23x3.28
PRICE: $2,733

EGL
.79--E--VS2--Depth:63.5--Table:59--Flr:VS--Symmetry/Polish both Very good--7.94x5.13x3.26
PRICE:$2,349

GIA
.62--D--VS1--Depth:65.8--Table:70--Flr:none--culet:none--girdle:Md/Slightly thick--Symmetry/Polish:EX/VG--Crown: 9%
PRICE:$3,035

I know I can't be TOO picky with a pear, right?
Thanks for your input!
:wavey:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My advice here is mention that you ar going to send the stone to Dave Atlas for cut quality verification, and ask the vendor if they have an ideal-scope and how the stones look through it.

That will sort them out real quick.

Diamondchic

Rough_Rock
These are all loose stones...I guess I need to know if there is better out there. How do these rate with what all is out there? I've heard pear is one of those "it's cut great or it's not" kind of shapes.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results