shape
carat
color
clarity

New to the pearl forum..My first necklace...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hi :). I have never been that ''into'' pearls before, but for some reason have been drawn to them recently. We were at macys today just skimming the isles, and I saw this necklace. It just made me gasp and run over to it. It is freshwater pearls strung with a box sterling silver chain. I spoke to the sales woman for a few min to get some info on them because I dont know much about pearls other then the basics. And I tried them on....I just had to have them. I absolutely love it and havnt taken it off yet!!!

Here is a photo modeling my first set of pearls. I dont know if face pictures are allowed on PS, but I hate just neck shots. Necklaces are about over all beauty, not just beauty of the neck. KWIM?

pearlsksps.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
and of course the standard up close neck shot!

pearls1ksps.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Rockhugger, that is really beautiful on you! Is it one long strand wrapped a couple of times or no? I just got my first pair of pearl studs and I am hooked too! Now you are going to linger in the pearl forum and see so many beautiful things that you will NEED to have!
36.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you!!! It is 3 strands that attach to the clasp. What kind of pearls are your studs?

I blame JTV. I watch it on occasion for fun (yes...I am THAT obsessed with gems LOL) and I saw some pretty south sea pearl necklaces. I guess that sparked my interest! I would like a strand of those, but WAAAAAAY too much $$$.

I cant become a pearl addict too.....oh man...do they have a jewelry rehab clinic??!

Rock Hugger..
I LOVE the "sprinkle" effect or, scattered look. I think it''s easy to wear with jeans, but you can also dress them up a bit if needed. They look wonderful on you!! Yay on your pearl purchase!!
36.gif

You are also very bold with face shots
9.gif
I''m too chicken!

Was this your first strand? They are an addiction, and like lizzy said, the more you look around the more you''ll see more things you NEED.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/13/2010 8:45:02 PM
Author: swedish bean
Rock Hugger..
I LOVE the ''sprinkle'' effect or, scattered look. I think it''s easy to wear with jeans, but you can also dress them up a bit if needed. They look wonderful on you!! Yay on your pearl purchase!!
36.gif

You are also very bold with face shots
9.gif
I''m too chicken!

Was this your first strand? They are an addiction, and like lizzy said, the more you look around the more you''ll see more things you NEED.
I actually wore them with jeans today at the mall after I bought them. Yes these are my first. Hubby keeps rolliing his eyes because I keep running back and forth to the bathroom to look at them and giggle to myself LOL.

I have made a vow to hubby that this is my last jewelry/gemstone/pearl purchase for the year. I have 8k in GIA fees I gotta pay and my funds are running low, more pearls will have to wait. But I am sure I can squeeze something out of him for christmas.....
emangel.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, these look wonderful on you. They are made for you

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
Great look! You wear them well.

Good luck with your studies. I started with GIA and graduated from ISG. Both are good schools with great programs

All the best
julie.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/14/2010 6:00:34 PM
Author: pearlie
Great look! You wear them well.

Good luck with your studies. I started with GIA and graduated from ISG. Both are good schools with great programs

All the best
julie.
Thank you! Why did you switch? I am really excited to get my Graduate Diamonds. I just have to finish the lab class in NY, and cant till may because its a VERY expensive lab + hotel costs. After that I am going for my G.G....but again will take a while because its so expensive.

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
ISG has an excellent program, including course studies specific to synthetics (with all the work they''ve done uncovering and exposing fraudulent practices, I consider them leaders in this segment of the industry). ISG tuition includes gemmo instruments, and they have a terrific online forum/support network.

ISG also offers an indepth course specific to jewelry appraisal. No one else offers that, as far as I know.

It''s a young school, and doesn''t have the history and name recognition as GIA does, but as far as quality of the course goes, ISG can hold it''s own against any school.

Eventually I''d like to finish my gg. But as you said, the cost of the courses, and the cost of the labs + travel + hotel, makes it quite costly, and I just wanted to get this finished! That''s why I switched, and glad I did.

julie.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely on you! I can see why you had to have it. Good luck on your studies!!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/15/2010 9:13:25 AM
Author: pearlie
ISG has an excellent program, including course studies specific to synthetics (with all the work they've done uncovering and exposing fraudulent practices, I consider them leaders in this segment of the industry). ISG tuition includes gemmo instruments, and they have a terrific online forum/support network.

ISG also offers an indepth course specific to jewelry appraisal. No one else offers that, as far as I know.

It's a young school, and doesn't have the history and name recognition as GIA does, but as far as quality of the course goes, ISG can hold it's own against any school.

Eventually I'd like to finish my gg. But as you said, the cost of the courses, and the cost of the labs + travel + hotel, makes it quite costly, and I just wanted to get this finished! That's why I switched, and glad I did.

julie.
Well I hope you can finish it soon! I will look into the appraisal course fpr after I graduate from GIA. I want to get into doing appraisals. I have it budgeted to have my GG by January 2011, so fingers crossed I can keep my budget! LOL. Just no more pieces for a little while.

Thank you for all your compliments!!! I am wearing them right now with my sweat shirt and sweat pants. And the pearls are making my sweats look damn sexy! LOL

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Rockhugger, that necklace looks fabulous on you!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results