shape
carat
color
clarity

New to the list looking for guidance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the list and am in the process of a diamond search. I have found two diamonds and am looking for advise on them.

Diamond one; 2.01 ct radiant, depth 75%, table 61%, girdle ex thin to thick, no culet, no fluor, polish and symmetry good, color E, VS2, $14,500.

Diamond two; 1.80 ct radiant, depth 65%, table 60%, girdle thin to thick, no culet, no fluor, polish and symmetry good, color F, VS2, $13,900.

Diamond two looks larger, maybe because it is not as deep.

Which one is the best buy? Looking for your expert advise!

Thanks,

Icelady
9.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think the second stone is way too high in price, it should be much less for the simple fact that 1)it is smaller then the 2.01, 2) the color is one shade less then the 2.01,
I would search a little on similar stones on the web, to confirm those prices are what you should pay for .
i like the depth and table on the 1.81 but I would not pay that price.

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock
Check out the AGA cut grade chart for the Radiant.

http://gemappraisers.com/

I used their chart for a Round and it was very helpful.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Radiants really depend on the actual visual. From the little bit of info I might opt for the E color only because I am a color snob...but I would like to look at why they graded it as an extremely thin girdle. Cindy

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Everytime I make additional inquiries I get more confused!!! I am beginning to think there isn't a diamond out there for me!
confused.gif

Icelady

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you considered a Regent or any other type with a similar shape? It's got a bit of a similar cut to the typical Radiant, but the Regents (and also Queen of Hearts) are cut for much better light return than a typical fancy. Check them out.
1.gif
They are beautiful in person!!!
www.goodoldgold.com has them online.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results