shape
carat
color
clarity

New to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ILMBRYAN

Rough_Rock
First of all my greetings to everyone out there at Pricescope! I''ve been reading for a while but have not posted just yet. I am in the market to buy my girl friend of nearly 3 years an engagement ring. I have been looking in our local stores and all over the web. She''s has been making "subtle" hints as to what she likes and I have believe I have found one I would like to purchase for her or one similar to it. It is from primestyle.com which from what I have been reading on this forums and multiple review sites found on google it is a toss up on the quality, shipping time, and overall customer service you will get from this opeartion. Making a purchase of this magnitude isn''t one I would really like to gamble on. I''m posting a link below to the ring from prime style below. Just a few things I am looking for here; size 5.5, a platinum band, a center stone with princess cut right at or more than 1 ct, and something similar to this style. My price ceiling is right at $3500 I know PS has a great list of vendors, if one of these fine companies'' representative or liason stumbles across this post please feel free to make suggestions. Thank you all so much in advance for the wonderful help I''m sure you''ll provide me with in purchasing a ring for the girl who has completed my life.
30.gif
Best regards....
http://www.primestyle.com/125ct-princess-round-diamonds-engagement-ring-p-56073.html

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS!!! It's so sweet of you to be looking around and doing research.

Date: 6/14/2008 12:36:35 AM
Author:ILMBRYAN
First of all my greetings to everyone out there at Pricescope! I've been reading for a while but have not posted just yet. I am in the market to buy my girl friend of nearly 3 years an engagement ring. I have been looking in our local stores and all over the web. She's has been making 'subtle' hints as to what she likes and I have believe I have found one I would like to purchase for her or one similar to it. It is from primestyle.com which from what I have been reading on this forums and multiple review sites found on google it is a toss up on the quality, shipping time, and overall customer service you will get from this opeartion. Making a purchase of this magnitude isn't one I would really like to gamble on. I'm posting a link below to the ring from prime style below. Just a few things I am looking for here; size 5.5, a platinum band, a center stone with princess cut right at or more than 1 ct, and something similar to this style. My price ceiling is right at $3500 I know PS has a great list of vendors, if one of these fine companies' representative or liason stumbles across this post please feel free to make suggestions. Thank you all so much in advance for the wonderful help I'm sure you'll provide me with in purchasing a ring for the girl who has completed my life.
30.gif
Best regards....
http://www.primestyle.com/125ct-princess-round-diamonds-engagement-ring-p-56073.html
That is not going to happen, as self-advertising is not allowed on PS. You're stuck with mostly what we call prosumers.
2.gif

Is the 3500 including the setting?

ILMBRYAN

Rough_Rock
Yes $3500 is including setting. If those folks can''t chime in then everyone else, PLEASE asist.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Bryan!

Would you consider going a little smaller on the diamond, say to around .75? You might be able to find a carat for your budget but you might have to go lower in colour and clarity...Also what about white gold for the setting, platinum will eat into the budget more, let us know!

ILMBRYAN

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone for all of the warm welcomes! My only qualm with white gold would have to be the fading or the need for re-dipping. I''ve read and heard from friends that white gold has a tendancy to fade, whereas platinum does not. Have you all found this to be true as well? Thanks.

ILMBRYAN

Rough_Rock
That is a beautiful setting, I will email them and see if that setting can hold a princess cut diamond. In all fairness to primestyle.com they did have multiple good reviews to couple the bad ones, I''ll give them a call today and see what they have to say about everything. But this is just one of those situations where dropping the ball on my end isn''t acceptable. Thanks for your input there and input to come Julie.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2008 7:22:16 AM
Author: ILMBRYAN
Thank you to everyone for all of the warm welcomes! My only qualm with white gold would have to be the fading or the need for re-dipping. I''ve read and heard from friends that white gold has a tendancy to fade, whereas platinum does not. Have you all found this to be true as well? Thanks.
I have had some wg pieces for years which have been fine, if your budget only allowed for WG now, maybe you could upgrade the setting later?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results