shape
carat
color
clarity

**New to the Board**

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bs101406

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking for quite some time now and admiring all the absolutely STUNNING rings!!! I am thinking of changing my wedding band/engagement rings to a pave style. I have read before that pave is hard to clean and that dirt can really build up causing many problems down the road. Is this true? I figure who better to ask then the experts!!!
1.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!
35.gif
I just joined within the last week, myself, and I feel I am trying to wear out my welcome with all my posts.
9.gif
But I love this site!

I can''t wait to see what responses you get. I am gathering details to have a custom setting made and I have considered pave. I always have really, really clean jewelry so I need to become informed of the pros and cons of different options.

Be sure to let us know what changes you decide to make....and then there must be pics!!
31.gif

jfan

Rough_Rock
Hi and welcome! I''m new as well and I know there are lots of threads on pave. Do a search for pave and you should find what you''re looking for
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Howdy and welcome

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to both of you!

There are a few people here who occasionally lose a stone from a pave ring, so my tendency would not be to choose pave for a ring I plan to wear all the time.

As far as the cleaning issue goes, most of the people here clean their rings often (some everyday), so I don''t hear of them getting dirty!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome everyone!

I’ve never had a problem with pave. If that’s what you like, you should go for it. The stones in pave are so small that if you did ever lose one, it wouldn’t be expensive to replace. My jeweler would do it for free because I bought my ring from him – ask your jeweler if they would offer something like this – hopefully they will stand behind the workmanship.

For cleaning, get a baby toothbrush snd typical jewelry cleaner. And have your jeweler professionally clean it every once in awhile. I have my ring checked a few times a year to see if anythin is “loose”. I think that''s important no matter what style you choose.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have heard of a few people on this board who have lost stones out of pave designs, but I have had really good luck with mine. I have pave huggie earrings and a pave heart pendant that I''ve owned for years with no problem. My three stone ring has three sided pave on the shank and I''ve worn it every day for nearly two years now with no lost stones. I clean it weekly in the ultrasonic cleaner (using the basket) and sometimes I use a little jewelry cleaner and a soft brush to clean in between times.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome
35.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

If you like the style and you''re willing to take care of it, go for it. Depends on what the item is, too. I have a halo pendant, and it gets a lot less harsh jostling than I think a pave ring would.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have lost a melee in my US cleaner
15.gif
It is a PITA because of this I would personally only buy pave from a local B&M who replaces the melee for free (which mine does).

bs101406

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help ladies!!! Not quite sure what I am going to do yet, but my eye keeps going back to the pave. We''ll see. The search continues.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results