shape
carat
color
clarity

New to PriceScope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jkh001

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking for a few months on PS and have been very surprised and informed with everyones knowledge!
My BF and I have been looking for rings for quite a few months now and are getting more and more confused with every store and ring we look at.
To make a very long process sound short...I have come to the conclusion that I want a round 1.00-1.25 no lower than I in color. I like a pretty simple band, no side stones just micro pave. He wants to stay around 6-6,500$.
We are in Arkansas and prices here are insane compared to those in say Tulsa. We even have a friend who is a jeweler and could do no better than about 8,000 for an H 1.01.

So we went back to Tulsa for the 2nd time yesterday and went to Israel Diamond and found the perfect setting and wedding band. The diamond was I in color, SI2, 1.20 and with diamond, setting, and wedding band, total was $4975. Does this sound like a good idea? Or are we just being blinded by what sounds to be just an insane deal?

Is SI2, I risky? Will I be disappointed after a while? Help!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
We have no way of telling if that''s a good price unless we know what kind of quality the stone is. Who certified the stone? What are the specs - ie. table, depth, crown and pavillion angles.

You want to aim for a an ideal cut stone - cut is king and will make it look sparklier! An ideal cut will ask mask some colour, so a stone in the H - I - J (even some K''s) will face up whiter.

SI grades can be potentially risky - they need to be evaluated on a case by case basis and they are not always eyeclean. A trusted PS vendor will tell you honestly what''s visible and at what distance, viewing conditions etc.

I have just done a quick seach and that prices does seem too low, and usually if it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is! It''s likely that stone is a poor cut and probably has visible inclusions. You will always pay more at a B&M and that price is too low, even for online prices for an ideal cut, so I really worry about the cut quality, not to mention that includes setting and wband. Something is not right!

This is another I SI2 for comparison. It''s an ACA, which is an branded ideal, fantastic cut, you can''t go wrong. (not sure about eyeclean though, just something for you to compare)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-906721.htm

If you are open to puchasing online (and saving lots of money, and getting a killer stone, not a lifeless rock), then we can help you find some gorgeous stones that fit into your budget, and even a few different settings! Just let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results