shape
carat
color
clarity

New (to me) Yvonne Raley paraiba ring

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I am now the third owner of this lovely paraiba tourmaline ring. Despite the terrible weather (rainy or overcast for the next week!) and the need for some kind of resize, I decided to grab a couple of photos. This is the original listing from lovedogs which has more photos in different lighting.

Per Yvonne/the listing:
GEM SPECIFICATIONS
Shape: oval shape
Size: 7.43 x 4.33 x 3.53mm
Weight: 0.86 cts
Origin: Paraiba mines, Brazil
Treatment: heated
Color: Neon turquoise

in her Camellia setting, 14K white gold. It's amazing how much more delicate the millgrain and prongs look in real life than in photos!

This is my first real jewelry purchase and I rarely wear rings, so it's going to take some time to get used to both the feel and the look on my hand. I'm also trying to decide what to do for sizing. I have a 6.5 ring that is comfortable on this finger but is very hard to get off over my knuckle; this 7 spins too much to wear but isn't so big that it would fall off. I think the ideal size would probably be a 6.75, so now I have to choose between the slight resize and adding sizing beads/bumps. I'm open to suggestions!

And now, my two photos! I'll try to post more when we actually get some sun again.

IMG_20230604_132621(1).jpg

IMG_20230604_132630(1).jpg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful hand, enjoy!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
So you are the lucky duck who bought this? Congratulations!! It's a beautiful ring!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that’s beautiful. I’m not always into YR’s aesthetic but this is just lovely. I like that it’s all Paraiba and the “petal” effect of the setting makes the centre stone the star. Lovely. Congratulations on your new purchase.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It's a beautiful ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!! It could not look more perfect on your lovely hand. Congrats and enjoy wearing this beauty!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful hand, enjoy!

Thank you!

So you are the lucky duck who bought this? Congratulations!! It's a beautiful ring!

I feel very lucky!

Wow that’s beautiful. I’m not always into YR’s aesthetic but this is just lovely. I like that it’s all Paraiba and the “petal” effect of the setting makes the centre stone the star. Lovely. Congratulations on your new purchase.

Yeah, sometimes the color combinations are bright for my personal taste, though they're fun to look at! This seemed like the right level of showing off the center stone while still being intricate and interesting -- plus my hands are big so I need the finger coverage!

Congrats! It's a beautiful ring.

Thank you!

Yay, my ring is being loved! I'm the original owner:)

I may have stalked your original posts before committing, haha! Your ring is my graduation gift to myself :)

What a gorgeous ring!! It could not look more perfect on your lovely hand. Congrats and enjoy wearing this beauty!

Thank you so much!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! She’s a beauty! :kiss2:
I was actually seriously considering trying for this one, which should tell you just how lovely I think it is. I love the softer color combo of paraiba and diamonds, and the floral vibe is just perfect. What a gorgeous ring!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I'll just say, making a first real jewellery purchase from another PSer is usually a sound move. I bought a preloved ring here as well and never regretted it even for a second.

Your ring is absolutely stunning. I've always loved teal, it calls to me, and the one you have is more or less perfection. Also, yay for graduation!

Re: size, unless you live in the southern hemisphere, I'd say wait and see how you feel during the hot months of summer. I personally prefer to have a ring spinning a bit when it's cold, but being able to wear in comfortably when it's warm and sunny outside. If you're like me, it might just end up being the perfect size for you as it is right now.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I'm thrilled you got the ring and love the color of your nails.

Honestly, Yvonne's paraiba rings are the ones that look the best to me because she uses very saturated colors with contrast.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am now the third owner of this lovely paraiba tourmaline ring. Despite the terrible weather (rainy or overcast for the next week!) and the need for some kind of resize, I decided to grab a couple of photos. This is the original listing from lovedogs which has more photos in different lighting.

Per Yvonne/the listing:
GEM SPECIFICATIONS
Shape: oval shape
Size: 7.43 x 4.33 x 3.53mm
Weight: 0.86 cts
Origin: Paraiba mines, Brazil
Treatment: heated
Color: Neon turquoise

in her Camellia setting, 14K white gold. It's amazing how much more delicate the millgrain and prongs look in real life than in photos!

This is my first real jewelry purchase and I rarely wear rings, so it's going to take some time to get used to both the feel and the look on my hand. I'm also trying to decide what to do for sizing. I have a 6.5 ring that is comfortable on this finger but is very hard to get off over my knuckle; this 7 spins too much to wear but isn't so big that it would fall off. I think the ideal size would probably be a 6.75, so now I have to choose between the slight resize and adding sizing beads/bumps. I'm open to suggestions!

And now, my two photos! I'll try to post more when we actually get some sun again.

IMG_20230604_132621(1).jpg

IMG_20230604_132630(1).jpg

1940s-style-pinup-shot-beautiful-260nw-108045962.jpg

I may have swooned for this ring before

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! She’s a beauty! :kiss2:
I was actually seriously considering trying for this one, which should tell you just how lovely I think it is. I love the softer color combo of paraiba and diamonds, and the floral vibe is just perfect. What a gorgeous ring!
Thank you! It's very reassuring to hear the more experienced jewelry folks saying that they like it or were considering getting it :)

I'll just say, making a first real jewellery purchase from another PSer is usually a sound move. I bought a preloved ring here as well and never regretted it even for a second.

Your ring is absolutely stunning. I've always loved teal, it calls to me, and the one you have is more or less perfection. Also, yay for graduation!

Re: size, unless you live in the southern hemisphere, I'd say wait and see how you feel during the hot months of summer. I personally prefer to have a ring spinning a bit when it's cold, but being able to wear in comfortably when it's warm and sunny outside. If you're like me, it might just end up being the perfect size for you as it is right now.

Yes, you know that someone who cares about their jewelry thought it was worth purchasing at some point! It's been pre-vetted :)

Unfortunately it's beyond spinning 'a bit', it flops over to the underside of my finger. So it'll be sizing beads for the time being, I think. And after graduation I'm going to be in a climate that doesn't really get hot, so might size down then.

Congrats! I'm thrilled you got the ring and love the color of your nails.

Honestly, Yvonne's paraiba rings are the ones that look the best to me because she uses very saturated colors with contrast.

Thank you! It's an interesting nail polish, as it changes color from the teal when cold to a beige when hot. Here's the link.
1940s-style-pinup-shot-beautiful-260nw-108045962.jpg

I may have swooned for this ring before

:lol-2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always admired this ring for the beautiful Paraibas, and the style of the ring is so pretty.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I've always loved the color red and have thought of myself as a ruby person, but paraiba tourmaline just gets me in a different way and has me dreaming of blue and summer.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is stunning. I was too late to this see this one once it was offered for sale, but happy that it stayed in the pricescope family. So lovely!!! I am truly happy for you. Enjoy it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results