shape
carat
color
clarity

(New to Me) Beautiful Vintage Brooch to Bangle Conversion

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I've always wanted a diamond bracelet. I already have some studs and a pendant that I wear every day and I just needed some wrist candy to complete my collection of staples. At the same time, as much as I love seeing gorgeous diamond tennis bracelets on others, I never felt like they were "me". I've always been drawn to bangles so I considered that for a bit. The traditional diamond bangle however, I felt, didn't fit my style and personality, etc. also so I entertained different options over the years like an open bangle with two diamonds on the end or a bangle with a bezel set diamond. Although these were closer to what I imagined myself wearing, I was not 100% sold on any of these options for me (though I swoon over them on others!) so I never pulled the trigger and my search for a diamond bracelet was put on the back burner.

You know how they say you often find what you're looking for when you're not even looking, well that's exactly what happened to me! I was casually browsing the preloved forum when I stumbled upon this vintage brooch to bangle conversion being sold by a lovely pricescoper. It was everything I never knew I wanted. I will admit, I've seen similar bracelets in the past but I wasn't drawn to them like I was to this. They were all either too big, too small, different gems, etc. To me, it was the perfect size. Additionally it was a vintage piece with OECs and two-tone, three things I absolutely love. The timing worked out perfect as we celebrated our 10th anniversary and my husband was wanting to gift me a piece. I already had everything I wanted (at the moment, ha! ), in terms of jewelry, and had a few other pieces in the works so I had told hubs to hold off at the time. I didn't want to just purchase anything unless I absolutely loved it or it wouldn't get much wear and being a tenth anniversary piece I wanted it to be special and something I wore often to remind me of our wonderful journey of marriage so far. As fate would have it, he even initially suggested a bracelet/bangle but I couldn't find anything I loved at the time. Little did we know, the perfect piece was just waiting for me. It was a bit more that I'd earmarked to spend so I couldn't pull the trigger right away. I needed to wait to talk to hubs before committing and I told myself that, if by the time I talked to him and was given the ok to purchase, the bracelet was gone, it wasn't meant to be but if it was still available, I'd jump on it because I knew I'd regret it later. Well hubs didn't need convincing at all and actually really wanted me to get it, especially if I loved it. I reached back out saying hubs gave the thumbs up and I'd like to purchase it and it was still available!

I finally have the diamond bracelet I've always wanted. Bonus points for it being a DK piece as I've always wanted something from him to have in my collection. (side note, I wanted to take a moment to comment on DKs wonderful customer service. I actually reached out to him on a question on the bangle conversion since the seller wasn't sure of the answer and he so very kindly and promptly answered my question. He certainly didn't have to, especially considering I wasn't the original customer, but he took the time to respond. In light of my interactions with him, however brief, and seeing the quality of this exquisite piece, I wouldn't hesitate,for a second, to use him for a future custom piece).

Thank you all for allowing me to share my love for this piece (no one else in my family/friend circle appreciates jewelry as much as me :saint:). Without further adieu, here are pictures of this lovely (first is the listing shot, the others are hand shots):

IMG_5642.jpg

PXL_20230317_221002664.jpg

PXL_20230317_221544271.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, it turned out beautifully :kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just gorgeous and looks perfect on your wrist! Congrats on your anniversary and the beautiful bracelet!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful piece and perfect story for your anniversary!! Don’t be afraid to enjoy it as much as possible! :kiss2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. congratulations.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the brooch to bangle conversions of dreams! I had a little drool over it on the pre loved forum & I am so glad it has ‘stayed in the family’ :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you lucky lady!! I was admiring it over on pre-loved. It's gorgeous and looks perfect on you! Happy Anniversary!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, what a brilliant way to make a brooch more wearable. I had to wipe away the drool when it was listed in pre-loved :kiss2:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you love it! It looks beautiful on you.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Love it, and it looks so elegant on you!! And perfectly versatile - not overly formal, nor too casual. Just perfect! :kiss2:

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Incredibly beautiful - Happy Anniversary!!!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
@liaerfbv I really do! Thank you so much again!!

@lala646 thank you!! Yes I think so too- Love pieces that you can dress both up or down ☺️

@Eli22 thank you so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results