shape
carat
color
clarity

New to Me Akoya White & Black Strand

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this estate strand of Akoya's that really called to me. Not something I thought I would ever like but you know how it goes. The older I get the more I seem to like quirky items and it was on sale and we had a $250 off coupon, lol. It has a 14kt WG and diamond clasp and came with a GAL pearl report, not that that means anything. The pearls are 7.5-8.0, whites graded AAA, round with very slight blemishing, exceptional luster and rose overtones. Dyed blacks of course w/green overtones. I like how you can wear it a lot of different ways. Here are some pics in different lighting.

Akoya WB Necklace15.jpg

Akoya WB Necklace9.jpg

Akoya WB Necklace8.jpg

AKOYA WB Necklace5.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fascinating...I've never seen dyed akoyas that color, always much darker.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fascinating...I've never seen dyed akoyas that color, always much darker.

That's why I liked them I think. Not solid black like I've seen. It's almost like they tried to make them pistachio colored and it didn't quite work out. Leave it to me to find the quirk, lol.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good find - the clasp is nice too!

DK =)2

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Nice! Is it possible the black pearls are Tahitians? That's what they look like to me.

Also, can we see a neck shot? I'm having a hard time picturing what it would look like when worn.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Is it possible the black pearls are Tahitians? That's what they look like to me.

Also, can we see a neck shot? I'm having a hard time picturing what it would look like when worn.

I initially thought they might be Tahitians but the pearl report says they are dyed akoyas. It really is pretty versatile. you can wear it black side up, down or sideways.

Akoya WB Necklace16.jpg

Akoya WB Necklace17.jpg

Akoya WB Necklace18.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very pretty ! I also find the dyed colour interesting and very different. The clasp makes it an excellent buy !

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ! I also find the dyed colour interesting and very different. The clasp makes it an excellent buy !

I do like a nice diamond clasp. lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results