shape
carat
color
clarity

New to forum, Can someone look over my GCAL Cert.

Saintsfan1977

Rough_Rock
So I purchased this diamond an happy with it. But I had question about optimal symmetry picture.
so some have around center 8 points defined with some white points. At 12 o’clock 130, 3,6 etcetera around.Bc I don’t have that one mine is that a bad thing for brilliance? Or good thing bc on optimal brilliance I don’t have blue specks stating light blockage. I’m attaching my 2.09 an example of another one I’m speaking of.
thank you to anyone who takes time to respond with an explanation!!!! D6FCC813-36BB-459F-965D-D796B9416E8E.jpeg 91873421-FE30-4E9C-AB76-E91FD52F0483.png

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean the tiny white dots between the 'arrows' on the 2.13 grading report?

They are nothing to worry about - I can't link to anything right now but I know I have read on here that they are tiny, minor pinpoints of leakage and make zero difference to the stone's performance. :)

Saintsfan1977

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for responding. Yes on the 2.13 they have tiny white dots between the arrows. It’s 8 points all the way around.
well on the 2.09 they don’t have them and they don’t have any red in those areas on the 2.09 where as the 2.13 it has red.
I was just curious on what circumstance of the two is better. 2.13 or 2.09??

And you made my day been waiting patiently for someone to respond for two days.
thanks for your expertise

Saintsfan1977

Rough_Rock
What is the red areas an is more green throughout that type of diagram better or worse.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The multi-colour images in the GCAL grading reports are not directly comparable to ASETscope images because they use different colours and, I presume, different angles for where the light is coming from, but the general theory is something along the lines of the ASETscope:

You can see there that (in ASET) red is light collected from around the viewer's head, green is light collected from the wider environment, and blue is contrast patterns created by obstruction of the light by the viewer's head.

A mix of red and green is preferable - an all-red image would indeed be very bright head-on, but be likely to not work very well off-axis.

re: the difference in patterns in the images, it suggests the angles/measurements are different between each stone, but I can't see the graphic in the bottom right of each certificate to see if they are. You can put the measurements into the HCA tool under the Tools tab at the top - you are looking for scores under 2, with mid-2s acceptable with some additional analysis needed.

Saintsfan1977

Rough_Rock
The multi-colour images in the GCAL grading reports are not directly comparable to ASETscope images because they use different colours and, I presume, different angles for where the light is coming from, but the general theory is something along the lines of the ASETscope:
ASET-Light-Setup1[1].jpg

You can see there that (in ASET) red is light collected from around the viewer's head, green is light collected from the wider environment, and blue is contrast patterns created by obstruction of the light by the viewer's head.

A mix of red and green is preferable - an all-red image would indeed be very bright head-on, but be likely to not work very well off-axis.

re: the difference in patterns in the images, it suggests the angles/measurements are different between each stone, but I can't see the graphic in the bottom right of each certificate to see if they are. You can put the measurements into the HCA tool under the Tools tab at the top - you are looking for scores under 2, with mid-2s acceptable with some additional analysis needed.

ASET-Light-Setup1[1].jpg

Thank you so much for your help

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results