shape
carat
color
clarity

New to colored stones. Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I understand diamonds but new to colored gemstones. I am looking for purple sapphires.

Will be setting in a James Meyer yellow gold setting. Thanks!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
At the top of the colored stones forum there is a thread about reputable sites. Alternatively, you can contact a vendor and tell them what you are looking for.. and they can do the hard work of hunting. Sometimes the cutters may be able to do this, as well.

Good luck!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I missed that static thread. Thanks!

jbnyc

Rough_Rock
I have limited experience myself but I would say don''t be afraid to strike up a conversation (or email thread) with some of the popular names mentioned here. I was hesitant at first but the people I contacted were all very pleasant and very accommodating.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't hesitate to ask questions or for opinions on what you think you might like. There's no dumb question except the one not asked.
9.gif
A purple stone set in yellow gold is a perfect combination.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 9:49:46 PM
Author: jbnyc
I have limited experience myself but I would say don''t be afraid to strike up a conversation (or email thread) with some of the popular names mentioned here. I was hesitant at first but the people I contacted were all very pleasant and very accommodating.
Yes I totally agree with this. Also if you are really looking you can post options here and PSers will comment on them and give you different choices. If it''s something you really really want put a hold or reserve on it first. This is a public forum and you don''t want to risk someone buying it out from under you.

By the way a purple sapphire sounds lovely!

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results