shape
carat
color
clarity

New Tiffany Art Deco Style rings and others

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
I have attached pictures of Tiffany's new Legend ring (3 rings in white background), pictures from Daniel K (in Black) and Michael B (small bottom left in white). The interesting thing is that the Tiffany legend in VS1 - I color, 1 ct costs $12,600. Usually Tiffany is way overpriced but if you try and buy your own radiant/cushion cut and build it with a Daniel K or Michael B, I was getting quotes far above that number. Most of these settings cost $4-$6K. I maybe able to get someone to custom build one of these but at how much of a real savings and hassle to boot. Anyways take a look at these.

Art-Deco-Rings.jpg

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
I guess its just my opinion but I feel like you get what you pay for, personally Id go for the tiffanys one. I was in there store the other day and honestly there rings are so impressive, they sparkle so much it is incredible. PLus the lady you buy it for can tell her family and friends it is a Tiffanys ring.
Well anyways, take care

Phil

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely rings.
loopy.gif
I know I'm biased because I own a Lucida, but honestly, Tiffany jewelry just sings!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh....Tiffany's and it's not even Friday...

Comparing prices is useless unless you don't absolutely agree that Tiffany's is worth an average double the on-line market value of the same stones. If you don't agree with this, there will be debate. If you work hard (or not) and your money is best spent on something notable and from a well respected jewelery house, then more power to ya.

Most people have their own preferences how to spend their money. So each ring is a personal choice. I personally didn't buy at Tiffany's, but their stones where no sparklier than any other jeweler. It's just they can afford the posh atmosphere that MAKES the look more sparkly...
11.gif
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thee settings are not really the same mettle. The Tiffany one and the cushion on black background (not very sure of it's details though) seem way more intricate than the others - which are farely basic designs.

These settings with pave frames and bands seem to be getting very popular. Precissionset has a line... Ritany does too, Diamondsbylauren has it's 'framed' rings very much alike, and these do not appear all that challenging.

Just my 0.2, sure that.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Valeria,
Do you think I would be saving a lot by making my own? It seems that these rings have a lot of intricate details with Pave stones. Most of the settings were running about $4 to $6 K but I would think that a single piece might be close to that cost just based on the time to make it. I am leaning towards just buying one of the already made settings and putting my own cushion cut or radiant in the ring (but again this was coming very close in total dollars to the Tiffany ring). Still debating on what to do.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
If the stone were to be the center of attention, I would buy from one of the Pricescope vendors. You could get a better stone for less money. However in this case, I think the Tiffany setting on the right is spectacular. You might want to go for the total package. The stone is incorporated in a very special design. If you tried to have it custom made, it might not be the same. The price does not really seem excessive for such a dramatic and gorgeous ring. In this case you are buying a design rather than just a diamond and you will have something really unusual.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

If the final price of the other *brand name* rings you've picked out are very close to the Tiffany & Co. price, I'd go the Tiffany route. Tiffany pieces are beautifully constructed and why not pay for the Tiffany name IF the other rings would cost around the same anyhow. This is just my opinion. . .but, I'd be sure and price out the other rings too and see exactly how close the difference is in the same color/clarity stones and if you're okay with paying that portion more than do so!

Michelle

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
Well I have several quotes for custom work that have come in at just under $3.5K. A 1 ct radiant, ideal cut should run about $5.5K which comes to $9K. If I just buy the Daniel K setting I am looking at $4.5K plus the stone which puts me at $10K. The Tiffany ring will cost $12.5K so I would save about $2,500 dollars. The other thing is how intricate and detailed will the jeweler be? At this point the Tiffany premium does not seem that far out of whack. If you consider the Lucidas then the Tiffany premium is HUGE over a similar stone with a Vatche setting.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I saw that Tiffany in a magazine and it took my breath away. Their stones are nothing special, but some of their settings and jewelry are really incredible.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it doesn't make sense to custom build it then don't do it....because if the cost of the stone + custom setting is more than the Tiffany...you DO get the Tiffany bragging rights by buying from them and it's cheaper. So in that case it may not make sense. But if it does make sense to do it on your own...then do it.
2.gif

bht122

Rough_Rock
Richard Landi has similar settings too: http://www.richardlandi.com/sets1.html

1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
In this case, I would absolutely go for the Tiffany ring. It is simply in its own class. Plus, keep in mind that with a custom design, you need to hunt down the stone FIRST, then have the setting made to fit your stone exactly. The other way around just will make you crazy trying to find the exact size stone to go into a standard size setting. The other designs are nice, but in my opinion, the Tiffany style just rocks.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results