shape
carat
color
clarity

new studs...what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
top pair is new...total weight of top pair is .88 ct and total weight of bottom is 1.26 ct...do you think there''s enough size difference? both are G color, SI clarity, ideal cut...TIA

IMG_0006.jpg

vslover

Shiny_Rock
hmm kinda hard to see the size diff in the pics...I think my ear twists a little. ugh

vslover

Shiny_Rock
uh oh...lots of looks and no replies...I guess no one likes them...lol

SanchezVVV

Rough_Rock
What's not to like? Both earrings looks great. You are lucky you have an excuse for more diamonds. I can't really tell they are a different size, but I don't think that matters much.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 12:50:28 PM
Author: SanchezVVV
What''s not to like? Both earrings looks great. You are lucky you have an excuse for more diamonds. I can''t really tell they are a different size, but I don''t think that matters much.

I''m REALLY bad...I got my ears pierced last week just so I could get new studs!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 12:52:51 PM
Author: vslover
I''m REALLY bad...I got my ears pierced last week just so I could get new studs!
LOL!! Are you sure the piercings are healed enough for those whoppers!!???
1.gif
I just got my ears pierced for the FIRST TIME back in Sept & am still babying my lobes ...
3.gif

Congrats! Hey -- those bottom ones look a little CHILLY ... maybe a nice warm jacket is in order
31.gif
2.gif

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I thought you put both diamonds in the same ear.
25.gif
So, I can't really tell much of a size difference. That may very well be do to the fact that we aren't really seeing the bottom diamond straight-on.

I do love them, though...and I really love the look of similar sized diamonds in adjacent holes. I've seriously been thinking about getting a 3rd set of holes for the exact same reason! :D Don't be TOO anxious to put those puppies into brand new piercings, though.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:00:15 PM
Author: decodelighted

Author: vslover

LOL!! Are you sure the piercings are healed enough for those whoppers!!???
1.gif
I just got my ears pierced for the FIRST TIME back in Sept & am still babying my lobes ...
3.gif

Congrats! Hey -- those bottom ones look a little CHILLY ... maybe a nice warm jacket is in order
31.gif
2.gif

I had to throw in the new studs as they''re in platinum and I''m allergic to white gold (which is what the piercing studs were) so I''m actually hoping the holes will heal better with these in!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly.... I don't see much of a difference. I'd go smaller on the .88 or larger on the others. I think .88s are a bit larger for second stud, though so I'd opt for smaller on that set.

I have a 3cttw set and a .5cttw set. The little .5cttw are set in dainty bezels and I thought I'd wear them... but sadly I really don't. I'm considering having them made into drops for the 3cttw set(ie do a .25ct stone and then purchase a pair of pear stones and make removable drop portion) so that they'd get some use.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t see much of a difference either. I''d trade all 4 in for larger studs and wear diamond hoops as the main earring.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do see a difference...a little. I also think the angle of the pic isn''t helping to get a clear view. That being said, if you wore different sizes in different ears, I probably couldn''t tell from a face forward view.

They are purdy and if you''re feeling bad that the 1.26 ctw doesn''t look much bigger than the .88 ctw, don''t! Look at it this way, your new .88s look almost as big as your old 1.26''s. Value!!

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:47:35 PM
Author: MissPrudential
Honestly.... I don't see much of a difference. I'd go smaller on the .88 or larger on the others. I think .88s are a bit larger for second stud, though so I'd opt for smaller on that set.

I have a 3cttw set and a .5cttw set. The little .5cttw are set in dainty bezels and I thought I'd wear them... but sadly I really don't. I'm considering having them made into drops for the 3cttw set(ie do a .25ct stone and then purchase a pair of pear stones and make removable drop portion) so that they'd get some use.

I think I've lost my mind. The top earrings look so tiny to me...like really tiny...ugh. DSS has take over everything. No more diamonds for me for a while!

ETA: the other option is that I have HUGE earlobes...which I'm kind of thinking is the case. How did a 5'2 person get giant earlobes???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are lovely, but I''d go a little smaller on the top pair, if it was me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 7:18:53 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I think they are lovely, but I''d go a little smaller on the top pair, if it was me.

I agree.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 8:57:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 2/27/2008 7:18:53 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I agree.
I agree as well, or maybe bezel those babies to have a slightly different look.
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are pretty; I can see a size difference.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vslover, I don''t see much difference in size but can I suggest that you take a picture of them between your fingers or on a table like Lynn did when she got her bigger studs. Maybe it''s just trying to take a picture of your own ear that''s throwing everyone off. The angle might be affecting the view of the real size difference.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though in the photo, the bottom one is not straight on, I CAN definitely see the difference.

Congrats! They''re very pretty.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I returned smaller ones back at Christmas time, so I think I''m going to stick with these for a while....then gradually convince DH that I need to upgrade the bottom ones! :)

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock

hahaha, yeah, me too. three days ago i had my second hole repierced since they closed up many years ago. i had to get them repierced because i got a new pair of 1ctw studs that i now wear everyday on my first hole, so i didn''t want to waste my 0.33ctw studs, so hello to my second hole again!
28.gif

now i''m thinking about getting a third, so i can wear more studs....
31.gif

but yeah your studs look good the way you have ''em, as long as you like ''em. there''s really no rule on how to wear your studs. i have a friend that wears the same exact carat weight on both holes. 1/2 carat on every single hole and it looks great! all i see is blinding bling!
10.gif

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2008 3:15:12 PM
Author: Milly

hahaha, yeah, me too. three days ago i had my second hole repierced since they closed up many years ago. i had to get them repierced because i got a new pair of 1ctw studs that i now wear everyday on my first hole, so i didn''t want to waste my 0.33ctw studs, so hello to my second hole again!
28.gif

now i''m thinking about getting a third, so i can wear more studs....
31.gif

but yeah your studs look good the way you have ''em, as long as you like ''em. there''s really no rule on how to wear your studs. i have a friend that wears the same exact carat weight on both holes. 1/2 carat on every single hole and it looks great! all i see is blinding bling!
10.gif

heehee...my goal is to get 1.5 diamonds for each bottom hole eventually...but I JUST got the 1.26 in September (a presend from DH because my son started preschool) and then got the new .88 for Vday...so I''m all done at least for a few months! Otherwise I worry his feelings will be hurt.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results