shape
carat
color
clarity

New Studs Please honestly advise

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
I received the WF ACA VVS1 F 1.8TCW rounds today. They are so breathtaking they almost don''t look real to me. Would you trade them in for something bigger at the same price. If I had jackets made would I need to keep the diamonds close in color for it to look right? Please give me thoughts I am on the fence, but do feel there is no way anything else will shine like these do :)

3-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-in-14k-white-gold-by-whiteflash_43367_21905_g.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Size vs color is such a personal thing. Are you happy with how these look in your ears or do you want bigger stones? Would you be comfortable wearing more ctw? I love big and blingy so have been steadily upgrading stud size but many PSers like smaller looks.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post ear shots, please!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Susan7639|1452796342|3976000 said:
I received the WF ACA VVS1 F 1.8TCW rounds today. They are so breathtaking they almost don''t look real to me. Would you trade them in for something bigger at the same price. If I had jackets made would I need to keep the diamonds close in color for it to look right? Please give me thoughts I am on the fence, but do feel there is no way anything else will shine like these do :)
Well I am glad that you like them! But you're questioning the size, which makes me think you should've gone with the other pair. Do they look big enough to you? I know that was of concern. The other pair was a size jump of what, 2.6ctw, and were I color, right? I wouldn't put those in jackets necessarily, due to size, but even if you did, they'd still look fine colorwise.

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
Hi AME! I could add 3-$4000 and go to a VS1 G 2.6 pair, also ACA. Can't do ear shots as my lobes are a torn mess, getting ready to have them redone. Trust me no one here wants to see my ears :snooty: Are you saying that 2.6 will be too big for jackets? I will say my lobes are attached and look pretty small.

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
Hi AME! I could add 3-$4000 and go to a VS1 G 2.6 pair, also ACA. Can't do ear shots as my lobes are a torn mess, getting ready to have them redone. Trust me no one here wants to see my ears :snooty: Are you saying that 2.6 will be too big for jackets? I will say my lobes are attached and look pretty small.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Susan7639|1452798291|3976017 said:
:wavey:
If you have small lobes, I would think that putting a 1.3ct stone in a jacket might be too much for your earlobe depending on the jacket. But a 1.3ct stone on it's own would probably be just fine. It's not a DRAMATIC diameter increase, but you're saying small lobes, so it might be worth thinking about.

I was concerned you might have a "shrinkage" issue when you got these, so I am wondering if you might want to get the other ones. Can you afford to order the others to have them side by side?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would a million times rather have 2.6 ctw G VS1 studs over 1.8 F VVS1. There is no reason to pay for VVS for studs and F is not going to to look a lot different than G on an earlobe. I am one of the few here who even buys VS in studs, but I have had G and H Whiteflash ACA pairs of studs and I really can't tell them apart. G VS1 would be a dream pair. I absolutely would switch them if I were you. You'd have to use very fine jackets with studs that size (as in, small pave).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a big difference in the visual size of .90 versus 1.3. Here is a picture of a pair of .93's and 1.2's from WF from when I was looking. I ended up with a 2.3 ctw pair. That size may be easier to wear jackets with.

_36008.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Yes. It's just that simple well maybe not I have 2.4 total weight it was my third upgrade and now I am happy it is a perfect size for me. I got my IDJ .5 pointer jackets and I adore them but have worn them 4 times in a year.. So go for slightly larger stones for every day

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1452816748|3976121 said:
I would a million times rather have 2.6 ctw G VS1 studs over 1.8 F VVS1. There is no reason to pay for VVS for studs.
Totally agree.
Also agree with Ame that you will likely suffer Diamond shrinkage problem, and sooner than you think. Go bigger while you can. 2.6 ctw is not really that big, and they are fine for small earlobes. VVS1 is overkill for earrings, and even rings.
If you have average size earlobes, you can get jackets to give a three-dimensional boost, in surface area and depth. The melees in my jackets are 2-pt size, and they are not too large for 2.44ctw studs. I find myself wearing the studs with jackets more often than without. The jackets make my diamond studs look like three-dimensional fireballs.
As for your questions about matching color of melees. My studs are I color VS 2 clarity, and my jacket melees are F color VS2 ACA melees. There is no problem with the color grade difference, because all one sees are flashes and sparkles.

In conclusion, go big and get jackets.

P/S. I posted my earrings and jackets before with many different views. You can look up my previous thread about them. Problem is that I do not remember which thread. The photos were attached to one of my previous threads, which was created for some jewelry other than the stud earrings.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thritto - drop clarity, go up in size. If any part of you whatsoever feels you'd like larger stones... You won't regret this decision.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1452820666|3976160 said:
Thritto - drop clarity, go up in size. If any part of you whatsoever feels you'd like larger stones... You won't regret this decision.

Agree. Personally I would try to leave at F if possible. Would definitely go down in clarity to a VS2 and push the size up. I might consider going to G if you get a big increase in size.

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
I am very late to come back and thank you for all the opinions. I am trying to find the right compromise between going up in size and not losing the beautiful look!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lose very little by going down to G color and VS clarity and you gain size. They are going to look white on your ears. Diamond prices won't stay low forever, so I would try to decide in the near future.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results