shape
carat
color
clarity

New stores on Pricescope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
I noticed Icestore and -- to my great surprise -- Blue Nile on the Pricescope search engine when I was looking for stones today. Wow. Great news. I can only imagine how being on Pricescope will affect Blue Nile. I'd say their prices are at least 10-20% higher than the other internet merchants (White Flash, USA Certed) but they have a business model like NiceIce -- they have their own diamonds, not just passing along listings from manufacturers. But of course Blue Nile is the 800 pound gorilla of online diamonds. Will this cause them to lower their prices, as their diamonds are consistently more expensive than the competition? Will they offer special deals to Pricescope visitors? Or will they just rest on their laurels and superior (allegedly) service. I just don't see how Pricescope fits into their business model. They have positioned themselves as a high class but cheap alternative to Tiffany's, etc., but above the Pricescope-type merchants. Pricescope is all about getting the best deal -- and there Blue Nile clearly loses. Although it was always helpful to fall back on Blue Nile as I searched for diamonds online and see that similar or lower quality diamonds offered on Blue Nile were 20% more expensive than other Pricescope merchants.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Golfer,

These vendors were in Pricescope database for ages. They just list less diamonds so there is less chance to find them. There are also Mondera and Diamond.com.

Interestingly enough, some people are buying diamonds from Blue Nile via Pricescope links. That means these folks prefer dealing with bigger company despite higher prices.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
(deleted... duplicate)

golfer

Shiny_Rock
My mistake... I have run a bazillion searches over the last month and not seen Blue Nile anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results