shape
carat
color
clarity

New Stones

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stones! I am particularly taken with the blue spinel and the rubellite!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many thanks, all!

Vanterminator, MZ,
Wouldn''t the Rubellite make quite a cocktail ring? Don''t worry -- it''s going into a necklace. The reason I bought something that huge is because it''s been published in a periodical.

VapidLapid,
Any cause for worry?!

KLewis, AN, MariedTiger, Lovinggems, Chictomato,
Pala has 3. I got mine from a jeweller, who got it by chance. I''ve asked, but he can''t get another. Like AN, this is the only one I''ve seen over 2ct. I took the pictures under fluorescent lighting and sunlight. In incandescence, it colour-shifts as described in my previous post. The stone is also interesting in that it''s not coloured by cobalt. It''s coloured by iron, but shows no grey whatsoever.
(AN, I''ve found 2 cuprian tourmalines, but am holding out for the Batalha material. What about you?)

Sparkles, you!

Davi,
High praise indeed. Thanks again.

CMW,
Unfortunately, none of these stones are calibrated.

Marcy dear,
How the heck are you?

Pink Tower,
My pleasure.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, stunning museum quality examples. I''m always in awe of your gems whenever you post something new, and I really can''t believe the colour of that blue spinel. I can''t wait to see what you do with all of these!!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif

All of them are amazing Harriet! I love the dematoid because I''m such a green geek. That blue spinel is simply amazing!
3.gif

The rubellite...divine! 12cts???
23.gif
whatchagonnadowithit?

-A

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Harriet, been wondering ''where'' you''ve been/what you''ve been up to and this was worth the wait, LOL.

All beautiful.

That blue spinel, that is something.

Thanks for sharing.

New camera?

I just got a droid phone with a good camera and I''m going to see what it''ll do with my unset stones, your pics are looking really good, new camera?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, you three.

Lauren,
I have settings in mind for all but the blue spinel, believe it or not!

Fellow green geek,
The mother of all cocktail rings? No, I''m assembling other rubellites to go with it in a necklace. Speaking of green, I''d love a sphene like yours.

StonieGrl,
Nah, just some spare time. I''ll be waiting for your pics. Sometimes, I get better pictures with my phone camera than with the one I used.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
harriet, it would be a lovely cocktail ring if it was done WITHOUT a halo!

quite the stone.....i''m getting a rubelite itch.....

mz

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 5:32:46 AM
Author: sparkles
Harriet,

That's a massive overload of gorgeousness for 1 thread. Can each stone possibly have it's own thread. Such a shame to lump them all together when such quality can each stand on it's own........

Cannot agree more! Please tell us more about each and more pics please! You can't drop a heavy bomb and then leave.
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
MZ,
The thing looks ridiculous on my hand. I''ll take a shot tomorrow.

Yingh,
What else would you like to know? I''ll try hand shots and shots in daylight the next chance I get.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the eye candy. Love the spinel, and everything red the best. Gorgeous rubellites!!!
36.gif

Love your first class collection. Looking forward to learning how you plan to set them. It would be lovely to be in the loop and live through your adventures.
3.gif

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, some amazing stones! I can only imagine what how stunning the finished pieces will be!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, yes! I absolutely love the demantoid! Wonderful color, and such a weight for this rare stone! I remember you posted it before, it looks like a stunner. Other stones are wonderful, too.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
So H, now that you have these nice new stones, any chance you want to part with one or two of your old ones. I''d take that red spinel in the Leon halo off your hands in a heartbeat!

Of your new ones I like the dem the best. And your rubellite, well, it''s nearly as nice as mine
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone.

Fly Girl,
It''d be my pleasure.

G,
You''re incorrigible.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2010 8:36:16 AM
Author: Harriet
Thank you everyone.

Fly Girl,
It''d be my pleasure.

G,
You''re incorrigible.
Yup, that''s me! I work hard at it.

So I''m guessing it''s a no then? How many gems does a girl need FGS!!

Wot''s next on your acquire list?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful gems Harriet! I love the spinel.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
IndyLady,
Thank you!

G,
I am well aware of your incorrigibility. :) You guessed correctly. The red is Burmese; the Mahenges are African. Different localities. I have a wish list, but have learnt that one can''t just order up a gem. Serendipity and patience are required.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono asked me about the colouring agent of my blue spinel. As I mentioned briefly, the stone does not contain cobalt. Its sole chromophore is iron. There have been debates about the relationship between iron and greyness on PS and elsewhere. There is no grey in my blue whatsoever, which makes it an intriguing anomaly to the hypothesis about iron.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2010 3:29:24 PM

CMW,

Unfortunately, none of these stones are calibrated.

Oh no! That certainly is disappointing. I guess these pretties are worth the sacrifice though
2.gif
2.gif

I have two enlightening comments! First, you are a photo-taking GENIUS. And second, you have the best taste EVER. Yum.
30.gif

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
It turns out my hot flashes were just because we had an electrical fire in an outlet (!) and so the ac is off and we''re having a heat wave, which gave me an excuse to defrost the fridge, which gave me an excuse to eat all the ice cream.
Oh my Harriet, those stones are lovely, I especially like...all of them!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wassup Doc! ;-)

VapidLapid,
Phew! I thought I was giving you a certain type of flashes. Hope the fire wasn''t serious.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I am doing great. How the heck are you?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good, but busy as heck, hence the absence. School over?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2010 9:33:39 PM
Good, but busy as heck, hence the absence. School over?
Glad to hear you are good. It''s always nice to be busy. I quit teaching in May. I taught there 21 years but since I don''t have a masters in my field they wanted to find someone who did. I will miss my spending money but enjoy having some extra free time in the evening.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, Marcy, you''re always so positive.

Off to attempt picture-taking in daylight...
27.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay - I can''t wait to see more pics! I especially like seeing all the stones with the same background and lighting - it gives me a better sense of how each stone performs.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, those are truly stunning! Congrats on all your latest acquisitions!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! glad to see you are back and sharing your lovely stones. keep them coming!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies.

Crown1,
It''s good to be back.

I have more shots, but they won''t upload. I''ve tried changing sizes and names. Strange.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Harriet, I''m always glad when you post because you always post such beautiful things! Thanks for sharing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results