shape
carat
color
clarity

New Stones from Jeff White!!

clairebc

Rough_Rock
I got my Mahenge garnet and Rubelitte tourmaline from Jeff and WOW!!! Beautiful material and his cutting is top notch, of course. And his packaging is really nice too!

My iphone takes not so great photos, but got a couple of good pics!! In real life the stones look pretty much exactly like his videos.

Garnet Video:

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

Tourmaline Video:

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting, and now you get to have the fun of planning settings!

That's a particularly lovely Rubellite by the way :)

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Love them!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your gorgeous new gems. :kiss2: They both look gorgeous, though I’m partial to the rubellite simply because I love a pinkish colored gem. Do you have any setting plans / ideas yet?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing, and I too love the Rubellite for its gorgeous colour!

DK :kiss2:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
That rubellite is so pretty It needs to be said again! Look forward to seeing ideas for setting.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous! Now to see what you do with them!

clairebc

Rough_Rock
@marymm @Mrsz1ppy @elle_71125 @dk168 @minousbijoux @wordie89 @Asscherhalo_lover
Thank you all!! And sorry for my delay in response, works been crazy!

I love both of them, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rubellie, Jeff described this batch as "best of the best" - its from Nigera circa late 1990s. I was a small child then so very happy to have snagged it now haha!

I've been buying used settings off ebay/etc. for my colored stones, but I think I will go the custom route for these two!!

Maybe something like this for the Mahenge garnet (pic from Jeff's website):
1685307012004.png

And I'm thinking a three stone with traps for the Rubellite. None of the pics below are *super close* -- but something similar.

Something like this, but with no pave, MUCH more delicate prongs, and smaller traps than image below. So not much like this actually LOL.
1685308012352.png

This may be pretty close, but with all white gold, no pave, and single claw prongs (@elle_71125 this image is actually from a thread of yours a few years back haha!!).

1685309034979.png

The center is much larger than mine (I think like 2.5 ct ?) in the image below, but I REALLY like the vertical proportion of side stones to center stone. But the center here is elongated, so may look different with a square center...
1685307921563.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both stones are just gorgeous! Love your setting ideas and can’t wait to see how they turn out. Thank you for sharing!

clairebc

Rough_Rock
The color change garnet is here!! Well, its been here for a couple of weeks! I LOST it for a bit, and was soooo devastated that I couldn't bring myself to post the pics. But it was found!!! In a bag of amazon returns...:roll2:

It ended up well within the expected range, at 0.84 ct. and 6.46 x 4.67 mm. The cutting is great of course, and the color change is so cool in real life! It's Purple to pinkish purple in indoor light, and a steely blue with green undertones in natural light.

Jeff's video:

IMG_4027.jpg

Pictured with my color change sapphire from Gene set in a ring.

IMG_4059.jpg

It is actually a teal-y blue outside! And purple under indoor light. I tried to draw in the approximate color it actually is under natural light in the pic below.

IMG_4402 (1).jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color change garnet is here!! Well, its been here for a couple of weeks! I LOST it for a bit, and was soooo devastated that I couldn't bring myself to post the pics. But it was found!!! In a bag of amazon returns...:roll2:

It ended up well within the expected range, at 0.84 ct. and 6.46 x 4.67 mm. The cutting is great of course, and the color change is so cool in real life! It's Purple to pinkish purple in indoor light, and a steely blue with green undertones in natural light.

Jeff's video:

IMG_4027.jpg

Pictured with my color change sapphire from Gene set in a ring.

IMG_4059.jpg

It is actually a teal-y blue outside! And purple under indoor light. I tried to draw in the approximate color it actually is under natural light in the pic below.

IMG_4402 (1).jpg

That’s beautiful! :kiss2: I love that it’s a color change garnet. That must be so fun to play with in person. I have a garnet (I think) that I bought on the preloved market. It has a color change / color shift, though way less than yours appears to be…but it’s still so much fun to see. Congrats on your new stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results