shape
carat
color
clarity

new stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allie2

Rough_Rock
I''ve been researching diamond settings and came across this site and had to post a question in hopes of some good feedback! I recently got a new 1.7 carat diamond to replace my origional .66 carat diamond and had it set in my current setting which I love. However, it just doesn''t seem to do my new stone justice because it was made for a smaller diamond, so I''ve been looking at other settings. I have pretty much narrowed it down to either a basic 6 prong tiffany type setting, or a pave halo setting. I tend to like the antique look and have a prong set diamond wedding band to go with the ring. Any ideas or feedback? One option my jeweler suggested is to replace the head of my current setting with a halo.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Allie2,

Can you post a picture of your current setting?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah some picture would help

allie2

Rough_Rock
Ok, it took me a while to figure out how to do it, but here is a picture of my current setting!

ring947239.jpeg.jpg

allie2

Rough_Rock
Lets see if this is any better!

ring654687.jpeg.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allie- I have to ask if you have tried on halos? because for me, I really like them from being on PS, but once i tried them on, it was just too much going on for me... and you've mentioned either a tiffany 6 prongs or halo... those are two very different look... have you tried on both ?

allie2

Rough_Rock
I have tried them both and like them both! Sometimes I wonder if I just get excited about something new and sparkly! When I tried the Tiffany on it was actually at Tiffanys with a $40K ring, so that may have been why it stood out a little more than mine, although the specs were similar. It just seems like when I compare mine to these other two they highlight the stone so well, where in mine it just seems to blend in. And I feel like if we made the investment, it should really stand out.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2009 11:20:10 PM
Author: allie2
I have tried them both and like them both! Sometimes I wonder if I just get excited about something new and sparkly! When I tried the Tiffany on it was actually at Tiffanys with a $40K ring, so that may have been why it stood out a little more than mine, although the specs were similar. It just seems like when I compare mine to these other two they highlight the stone so well, where in mine it just seems to blend in. And I feel like if we made the investment, it should really stand out.
I completely agree. Before you reset, first think about what it is you want? this is coming from someone on a 4th reset in 6 months.. lots of money wasted
39.gif
my first ering,, had it for five years, then upgrade from a .40 to a 1 carat with a completely custom ring with side diamonds too large, which really swallowed my diamond, and didn't really showcase it that well, then I went onto very less expensive temp setting solitaire, then bought an 3/4 eternity band, thinking I would keep it with the solitaire semi bezel that its in right now, now I'm onto an eternity band with a about 5 pointers each to help highlight my diamond (oh this was another upgrade to a 1.21 carat... wanted just a weee bit more oomph) and really almost jumped on a three stone reset then decided not anymore, because my focus was on my diamond... wheww! so really think about what you want your main focus to be? I asked this, because I too tried on lots of rings and everyone of them I was like oh wow, I like this, oh i like that,, because it was all new to me,,, but I had to go home and think about it really, so my conclusion was that I really like the simple look paired with an eternity band. sorry to be so long but that newness feeling trying on different rings really get you all confuse,, spend sometime here on this board looking at all the beautiful rings and narrowing down the different aspect of each pieces might really help, then when you go to the jeweler seek for those aspects, will give you more of an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results