shape
carat
color
clarity

New stone....Rhodolite Garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I just love tihs stone, it''s measured 9x7mm and the color is so rich.

My question to all you experts is: What metal should I go with, yellow, white or rose gold?? I think the setting is going to be a halo one.

Thanks to all of you!

Royal_Rhodolite_copy3.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This is in a rose gold. I really love the look of this metal with the color of this garnet.

antiquejewelrymall_2026_219608203.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
White gold looks really pretty also.

antiquejewelrymall_2026_225618811.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This is the yellow gold. It''s lovely as well.

antiquejewelrymall_2026_200054803.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you really can't go wrong Mochi, but that rose gold is just yummy. Would mixing metals bother you? I do it all the time, rose gold cocktail ring and plat wedding bands and don't think anything of it, but some people are bothered by it. Your options all look great, so you really can't go wrong, nice dilemma eh?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Rhodolites (unless they''re overly dark, which this one isn''t) can look great in any metal - something very few gems can. I guess it''s a matter of the look you''re trying to achieve; a cold one (go with white), vibrant and hot (go with yellow), calm and soft (go with rose). It depends on the ring design too. If it''s something quite modern, you probably don''t want rose gold (you''ll probably go with white), but you''d like rose for a bit of an antique look, if that''s what you like. White would probably be the most elegant (and you could wear it most often), but I think few people would say a richly colored rhodolite doesen''t look great in, say, higher karat yellow. Go through your closet and see which colors you wear the most, and think about what would compliment them. You can also take your skin tone, and hair or eye color into consideration.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really have a particular color I wear....jeans and t-shirt kindda person, nothing fancy. Work is clothing is scrubs (AKA pajama). I think it''s sort of funny because I seem to put more thinking into stone settings than in what I''m going to be wearing.
37.gif

Don''t really have a problem in mixing metals either, more the bettter!
31.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochi, it''s a lovely stone and would look great in any color metal though I personally like it in the rose gold.
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t put much thought into wardrobe and don''t dress up very often, maybe it''s best to go for a striking combo with yellow gold. Either that, or a bi/tricolor setting.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Bicolor would be the best of two worlds!! I''m leaning toward the rose gold right now. I think it really blends in well with the stone.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like the rose gold best with the white gold a close second.

For some reason, I really don''t like the yellow gold, I think it takes away from that rich pink color.

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results