shape
carat
color
clarity

New stone from Barry :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I just got an email from Barry with pics of a new stone I requested to be cut. It is a 7.9mm tourmaline. He says it is a color shifter, and here are the colors:

pinkish.jpg

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
the other color --

shift.jpg

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
My question is, what do you think about this LOGR setting? Is the stone too dark for it? Or do you think it would look ok?

c9cd_1.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Karee, it is beautiful and I adore the colors. How will you have it set????? Please post a lot of pictures when you receive this beauty.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the colors!!! I hope you get it soon and take lots of pictures!!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone! My BB garnet is a color shifter and it is so much fun to view in different light conditions. Mind you, I am not a setting expert, but I think the LOGR you posted could work, as your stone does not seem to be dark from BB''s photos. You will really find out when it arrives though to be sure.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, some lovely stones have been posted this week. This one no exception - what a lovely rich colour.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I asked Barry what he thought and he said it should work. Under fluorescent light, he said the stone goes more to a "straight medium pink."

I just wanted to make sure, since I wanted a setting for the previous spinel and you guys said DO NOT BEZEL!!!! :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo gorgeous stone! I''m sure it will be a beautiful ring.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, and that setting will make it a beautiful ring!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wowza! LOVE IT!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I also have that setting as well, and I''m patiently waiting to find the right stone. It''s a gorgeous setting though. I did upgrade the diamonds, and it looks marvelous. Enjoy!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous!!!! I just love that stone!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and color!

Would you consider a yellow gold setting for it or are you set on a white metal?

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I am super excited!

I don''t own a single piece of yellow gold jewelry. Do you think it would look better than white?

I wish it would look good in rose gold, it''s my latest obsession. :)

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
I need to get a tourmaline! Wow that gem is amazing!

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
oh pretty!!!!
30.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh My Heavens, that is a stunning stone!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love how it color-changes...and both shades are so beautiful.
I can''t wait to see what you do with it, it''s going to be a knock-out!
36.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! :) Thanks, everyone! I can''t wait to see it!

A question for those of you who own that LOGR setting - do you think it''s somewhat chunky on your hand? In looking at more pictures, it might be a bit more bulky than what I was going for. But, I''m not sure if he has anything more "streamlined" for an 8mm cushion....
7.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone - WOW! Please post more pics when you get it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colours look like the will work for the LOGR bezel. The stone doesn''t appearly overly dark.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
The color shifts are fabulous! Anything from BB shines! The setting will be perfect. However, are you sure you want the bezel one but not the claws? Then the fancy cut won''t show (will it fit in the bezel?)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea what I want! :) Ok, well, I do...I want a halo of some sort. But that''s pretty much all of my restrictions. Do you have other setting suggestions? I am open to others! :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer prongs too to highlight the unsual faceting. Doesn''t LOGR offer a halo with prongs? I saw a really nice one for a 10x10 cushion so naturally I presume she must have a design for a 8x8 cushion.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 8:17:48 PM
Author: karee888
I have no idea what I want! :) Ok, well, I do...I want a halo of some sort. But that''s pretty much all of my restrictions. Do you have other setting suggestions? I am open to others! :)
You don''t have to bezel that stone if you get the LOGR 8x8 halo. You can have your jeweler add prongs. It''s really a beautiful setting for the money.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
No worries, here is a prong version of that ring from LOGR

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 8:27:00 PM
Author: yingh
No worries, here is a prong version of that ring from LOGR
So if there''s a 7x7 prong version, it stands that there must be a 8x8 prong version.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results