shape
carat
color
clarity

New stone for existing setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
I have an empty setting (it used to house my 2.48ct RB so around 9mm or so) that's in need of a replacement stone. I'm open to all kinds of options but I don't want to spend too much money, say $300 or less (if possible). I like garnets and spinels - already have a ruby and some blue sapphires, blue topaz, spess, green tourmaline, pink kunzite, pink tourmaline, smoky quartz so....HELP.

Here is the ring (still set with my RB).

ElaborateSetting.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
A Malaya or Tanga Garnet would be lovely with your setting!
30.gif

Do you have a particular color in mind?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
It is difficult because you have pretty much all the pretty kind of stones already! I agree that Malaya or Umba Rhodolite will be a good choice. Have you thought about yellow/golden tones such as imperial topaz?

BTW, what are you going to do with your RB?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 1:01:40 AM
Author: yingh
It is difficult because you have pretty much all the pretty kind of stones already! I agree that Malaya or Umba Rhodolite will be a good choice. Have you thought about yellow/golden tones such as imperial topaz?

BTW, what are you going to do with your RB?

I was just thinking about Imperial Topaz!
2.gif
I especially love the ones with the salmon/sherry shade.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Maybe something like THIS? It''s about a 100$/ct so you could probably sneak it inside your budget.

BTW, I don''t think it''s even possible to find an imperial topaz of requested size for under 300$.

P. S. Since you need a round stone, it''s probably the best if you stick with garnets and spinels (due to their crystal system), and possibly some more abundant materials available in all shapes and sizes like quartz (citrine, amethyst...), peridot etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results