shape
carat
color
clarity

New Spinel Rings

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue one was just completed for my daughter by her boyfriend. It is 14k white gold with .31 diamonds. He used a blue spinel that I had collected. DD loved this spinel so it seemed like a perfect stone for a graduation present. She will have her Master's degree on Saturday! :)

The pink is a Mahenge spinel ring that DD had David Klass make for me as a birthday present. I am not sure of the stats from membory but it is 14kwg and I believe it to be .66 of VS diamonds. She did not know exactly what to ask for when she contacted David. He looked inside his memory bank and told her "She likes diamond halos with claw prongs." I really love it. He must have taken a liking to her, or maybe it is just because he is so awesome that he made this very sturdy ring for the price he did. And he guided her through the process of sending the stone, and had the ring sent overnight to her when it was done. It was done in a few days, and he treated her like a millionaire.

Photos are lacking. I can't capture the sparkle of the diamonds. What I really like about the blue spinel is that it has some pink and red flashes. It also has a tad touch of green in certain lights. Really interesting and I hope DD enjoys it. Hope you guys enjoy the pics too.

001_8.jpg

005_12.jpg

010_6.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! I love that he treated your daughter so well - there is someone who not only sounds like a genuinely nice person, but also recognizes a good future customer!

The rings are lovely! Were you surprised by your ring?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are so gorgeous!!! That mahenge is to die for!

stci

Ideal_Rock
The perfect present for your graduated daughter! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful pair you and your DD are!! She surprises you and you surprise her!! That's wonderful :praise: And both rings look fantastic - great setting choices and LOVE the colours in both :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1366917095|3434473 said:
What a wonderful pair you and your DD are!! She surprises you and you surprise her!! That's wonderful :praise: And both rings look fantastic - great setting choices and LOVE the colours in both :appl:

That's just what I was thinking - what a fun duo you are! Gorgeous rings too!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1366912151|3434419 said:
Very nice! I love that he treated your daughter so well - there is someone who not only sounds like a genuinely nice person, but also recognizes a good future customer!

The rings are lovely! Were you surprised by your ring?

Glad you guys like them. :) Minousbijoux- I was not surprised by the ring from my daughter. I had a medical problem and she tried to cheer me up so she told me about the ring- and then kept torturing me by witholding details to keep me distracted. lol That was sweet-don't you think?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is nothing better than a gift that not only looks lovely but just what you wanted. :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! Very sweet that you both gave each such a lovely gift. Those stones are gorgeous!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Both are gorgeous! Congrats to your daughter and happy birthday to you!
Any chance of getting a close up? I'd like to see more of those stones. So is the ring on your ring finger a red spinel?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday!!! Congrats to your daughter as well!!! You must be SUPER proud of her!!! :)) Beautiful gems!!! That Mahenge is TDF!!! :appl: :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings Lisa, congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! I'd love to have a mahenge spinel like that! Pretty settings, too!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very pretty! I love the color of that blue stone!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1366988082|3434962 said:
Any chance of getting a close up? I'd like to see more of those stones. So is the ring on your ring finger a red spinel?

Thanks so much!!! Yes, the ring on my ring finger is a red spinel, and I am embarassed to say that I didn't think to clean it for the photos. Here is a close up of the blue spinel. My pics make the diamonds look dull, but they are firecrackers in real life. Also for new spinel buyers- this stone darkens in sunlight. It doesn't black out, but it definately is darker, which is a trait that many spinels have. They also can look very grey in some lights. This stone does not look grey to my eye which is a plus. But it is not a coveted blue color such as the cobalt blue spinels.

004_3.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
LisaRN|1367102711|3435868 said:
innerkitten|1366988082|3434962 said:

Thanks so much!!! Yes, the ring on my ring finger is a red spinel, and I am embarassed to say that I didn't think to clean it for the photos. Here is a close up of the blue spinel. My pics make the diamonds look dull, but they are firecrackers in real life. Also for new spinel buyers- this stone darkens in sunlight. It doesn't black out, but it definately is darker, which is a trait that many spinels have. They also can look very grey in some lights. This stone does not look grey to my eye which is a plus. But it is not a coveted blue color such as the cobalt blue spinels.

004_3.jpg
Thanks for the close up, great ring!
I checked out your red spinel ring thread too. It's really pretty :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results