shape
carat
color
clarity

New spessartite ring

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
My spessartite ring arrived from Sally. It has an 8mm, around 3ct spessartite from Tan. I love the visuals of this ring, the spess looks like a burning ember, lying in some medieval fireplace. The spess has good saturation, with only a hint of brown in some lighting conditions, and is so beautiful to me. The cutting os the spess could be better, but the setting helps it along a lot. I enjoy the feeling of getting a design for a particular gem, with all its quirks, to the point where it feels like it's perfect for me.

The pictures are taken in low indoor light.

newspessring.jpg

newspessring2.jpg

newspessring3.jpg

newspessring4.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for looking :))

newspessring5.jpg

newspessring6.jpg

newspessring7.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the arches on the gallery... it does make it look like an ember in a grate.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really love your ring - I think the setting is perfect for the color and shape of the Spess - it definitely invokes the medieval era - and as much as I see the fireplace image I also get a sense of ancient architectural archways.

I have a couple of larger trillions sitting around as I just haven't come across any settings I fancied but this setting you and Sally have come up with - I think it is very attractive and versatile in its construction and design, and though fairly simple it is not plain.

Enjoy your Ember!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT,
I think the stone is well cut, and it's a beautiful color. Enjoy your new ring!! :bigsmile:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I love your vision for this ring: it's turned out perfectly! Love that ember-y spess glow :love:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Truly stunning. MT, I just love your collection--all beautiful and unique.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely achieved that Medieval look! Very lovely and unique. What is the finish on the metal? It really makes the spess pop.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Can you tell me the origin of the stone? It looks very orange, saturated and clean to me.
She did an amazing job! Enjoy your ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Amazing!

cheers--Sharon

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lovely spess, it actually looks bigger than 8mm because it stands out so much! The last picture also shows it off well IMO 8)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your spess is really pretty and I love the unique setting. Very cool ring!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful MT! I love how simple the setting is, showcasing the spess. Is it a Namibian? It has that mandarin glow.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring design and the spessartite just glows. I love the oxidized effect.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! :bigsmile:

marymm: you described what I meant to say so beautifully, I wanted a sense of medieval architecture in the setting :))

TL: fortunately the minor cutting issues are hidden by the brilliance of the stone, just the way I like it :bigsmile:

IndyLady: thanks :bigsmile: those are my criteria for projects, sums it up perfectly.

Aoife: They left the metals unfinished and then kept it under an open flame. So it's oxidized but not completely blackened. It's hard to see in the pics, but the prongs are rose gold, the rest is silver. I have to do another project with oxidized rose gold, because I really like how it looks.

Crasru: it is a Nigerian stone from Tan, one of those stones that invoke the YAY reaction in me when opening the small plastic bag. :D

Deathspi: yeah, I agree. I'm really pleased that the torched metal works so well with the orange. better deals from him.

Platinumrock: This one is from Nigeria, as far as I know, but it does have that mandarin glow, although not the neon effect in the shade that my Loliondo has, wish I could capture that on my camera.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
How unusual ~ and ultimately VERY wearable !!!
How do you get your ideas ??!?!?

Plus, the stone is wonderful ~ love that glowing color !
Great photos !

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ooo-Shiney! :)) My imagination is pretty wild, so the ideas just rush forth. I could have endless amounts of jewelry designed, if only I had endless amounts of money, LOL!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
The oxidized rose gold sounds like an amazing idea! I would love to see that when your project is finished.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife, do I hear some enabling here? :naughty: :bigsmile: :naughty: I wonder which of my stones would like oxidized rose gold? hmmmmm :saint:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love this. That is all.

Candice

Shiny_Rock
lovely, I like the contrast between the setting and the stone it just POPS!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Herekittykitty and Candice, I appreciate your comments! :wavey: :))

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Very nicely put together MT! I've been considering something similar myself and am glad to see how well yours turned out! Thank you for sharing it with us! :love:

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya Brandy,

How nice to hear that, can't wait to see yours. Is it a spess you're setting, as well? I'm real pleased with this one, good luck with your project :))

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
ooh that's such a cute ring! it does look like ember sitting in the fireplace :D
(cannot resist saving photos for future reference - hopes mariedtiger doesn't mind)

i don't have anything set in oxidised silver but i really like the look of your ring!
this may be a silly question... but if it's been oxidised, will the silver still tarnish :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results