shape
carat
color
clarity

New setting for my princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
just wanted to share my new setting.
30.gif

p-scope.jpg

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
bump

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice!

here''s the other pic
kates%20pic.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous! Mind sharing the specs on the center princess?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I think I found it on the other thread you posted on...

"The specs are:
Princess
8.47 x 8.30 x 5.84
depth 70.4
table 65
girdle thn to thk
culet one
polish VG
symmetry G
si2
G
flour MB
What does "culet one" mean???
Does it look ok #''s wise?
THANKS!!! "

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! It''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

How about some more pics???
31.gif
31.gif

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
The center stone is GIA cert. 2.18 ct G color si2 clarity (inclusions off table...under prongs!)
The side stones are .70 each--I am not used to the wide setting...I think i may have gone too large on the sidestones??
Thank you for the compliments!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif

No, I don''t think that the sidestones are too big at all.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Patty. I am trying to get used to the large sides, my previous sided were .25 rounds...big difference!
If I don''t get used to it, my daughter will inherit a pair of 1.40 tw princess studs !!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous T...I guess the info I posted was a stone you was considering, not the one you purchased.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! What do you ladies think of the 5 stone round wedding band I have it paired with? Not a great match in my opinion... any suggestions??? Maybe a princess eternity band with smaller stones (those are .20 pointers)???

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Look at all that ice!
30.gif
18.gif
Awesome!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a lot of bling, just love it!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2005 8:42:05 PM
Author: tat2db
Thanks! What do you ladies think of the 5 stone round wedding band I have it paired with? Not a great match in my opinion... any suggestions??? Maybe a princess eternity band with smaller stones (those are .20 pointers)???
they''re beautiful pair.
10.gif
30.gif
there''s no rules,anything goes.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting for a beautiful stone!! tat, I am a big big fan of mixing shapes, but I do think that those big suckers in the rb ring compete with your 3 stone cuz they're so big and gorgeous! If it were me, and I repeat, me, I'd wear the rb band as an anniversary ring on my right hand, and pair up a princess eternity band with smaller stones against that princess 3 stone. Talk about heaven! (And even more diamonds...oh my. . . )
3.gif

Date: 7/18/2005 8:16:28 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury

What does 'culet one' mean???
LLL, I think "culet: one" means someone forgot the "N" on "none"
9.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful set....HUGE!!!

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Thats what I was thinking Firegoddess---your ring is breathtaking by the way!!!
How to determine which size stones to go with? Is it a matter of trying them on... or is there some standard desired size as per size of the e-ring?
As far as the signed pieces eternity bands...if I order one in my size 4 3/4 will I be able to return it if I do not like it???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 9:20:55 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Beautiful setting for a beautiful stone!! tat, I am a big big fan of mixing shapes, but I do think that those big suckers in the rb ring compete with your 3 stone cuz they''re so big and gorgeous! If it were me, and I repeat, me, I''d wear the rb band as an anniversary ring on my right hand, and pair up a princess eternity band with smaller stones against that princess 3 stone. Talk about heaven! (And even more diamonds...oh my. . . )
3.gif

I second this suggestion
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping someone who's ordered from Signed Pieces can chime in here, because I'm not sure of their policy on returning something that's custom,which I assume the eternity band is? What I would probably do, unless someone already has a suggestion of stone size for the eternity band, is to go into a store and just put one next to your 3stone and see how it looks. You can then gauge somewhat by the size of those stones if you should go bigger or smaller. If you can't find a store that has eternity princess bands, even a Tiffany's will have a Lucida eternity band that you should be able to compare with. Anybody got a princess 3 stone and a princess band here??!?!?!

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous. It looks huge too.
30.gif
30.gif

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
Thanks z78 your ring looks gorgeous too!!! Any clearer pics????

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I had ordered a princess channel set eternity band from SP. The princess diamonds were about 5 points each. I had it paired w/ my round solitaire and I just didn''t like the look. Even though it was considered a "custom piece", I was able to return it. I instead got a round shared prong set eternity band. So I think as long as you are in that 30 day window (which I was) it shouldn''t be a problem to return it.

I personally think the two rings compete with each other. If you don''t like wearing just the princess 3 stone alone (which I would do
2.gif
) then I would get a shared prong princess band to go with it. I have a round shared prong 5 stone band where the diamonds are 15 points each and I''m thinking that still might be too big for your 3 stone ring. Maybe 10 points or less for each diamond.

tat2db

Shiny_Rock
I''m with you jellybean... I do not know if I like my three stone setting....period. I feel like it is bulky and I feel almost self conscious wearing it. My center was in a very different setting before thth .25 round side stones. And this ring just feels huge! I like it even less with out the band , I guess since I am used to wearing a band the ring alone feel short and squat AND wide.
I am thinking of pulling all the stones out and making the sidestones a pair of studs. I do not know what to do with the mounting... I guess it will be a loss as it is already been sized 4 3/4.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results